Thread: Raw sweet potatoe page

tcblue is offline Junior Member

Raw sweet potatoe

Primal Fuel
    Any one else eat it like this tastes a bit like carrot only a bit more nutty makes a nice quick snack

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I've had it raw in small julienned strips as part of a salad, and it's excellent. But to just chomp into a whole sweet potato like an apple...the texture isn't very pleasant to me.

tcblue is offline Junior Member
    No i dont eat it like an apple, cut it into quarters and then into small strips just makes quite a nice small snack maybe a bit to carby though

Cavebot 3.0 is offline Senior Member
    I get them at work sometimes and just microwave it a couple minutes, not fully cooked, but warm and a little soft. People made fun of me because I "eat it like a candy bar".

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    I don't think you should be eating it raw. It would contain certain toxins and it is a trypsin inhibitor according to google search.

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    I remember my grandmother eating raw potatoes; I can remember being a small child and wondering how in the world she could peel a potato, eat a slice, peel a potato, eat a slice... In her early sixties, she was diagnosed as severely anemic. Many years later, when I heard the condition "pica" associated with potatoes (also associated with eating dirt, especially clay), I decided it wasn't a coincidence.'

Is it even remotely possible you aren't getting enough A? C? Iron?

Cavebot 3.0 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    From what I'm gathering, as I'm reading the same google results, is that as long as you feel like you feel good and can digest them well enough, it's no big deal eating them raw... The inhibitor is there, and -can- cause a problem digesting protein... but if it isnt coming up or out the backside you're a-ok.