Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Analyze THIS PBP Diet Please,... page

The Biochemist is offline Junior Member

Analyze THIS PBP Diet Please,...

Shop Now
    I am a 5'4" 141 Lb Male with a medium build trying to get to 134 Lbs with 3.7% Body Fat. However the 3.7% body fat is MUCH more important that the over all weight. If I end up getting to 3.7% at 150lbs before it's all said and done, so be it.

I just fasted for two days drinking only hot water and two altoids breath mints at .5 Calories each. This was to jump start my new experimental 4-Week PBP based diet where I'm attempting to GAIN lean mass while BURNING fat mass.

Before the two day fast, I was 148 lbs, but after the fast I was 141.

After the two-day kickstart, I now alternate between "Limited Eating" days and "Modified Fast" days.

On the "Eat" Days, I can consume no more than 1550 Calories (BMR for 134 Lb Man for ONE day) in primal foods only. I've chosen to limit myself to multivitamin, flax oil supplement, veggies, eggs, grilled chicken, cheese, protein powder, just no more than 1550 calories, starting every morning with the mandatory multivitamin supplement, flax oil supplement, and FOUR scoops of protein powder to put myself in Mark's minumum of .7 per Kg of goal body weight.

The other days are full 24 hour fasts where I can drink only hot water, sugarless tea, but MUST consume 1 scoop of microfiltered 100% EAS Whey protein (It has all essential Proteins! Yay!) along with a multivitamin, and one 25 calorie Flax Seed Oil Supplement. A modified fast if you will.

My Questions:

Is fasting this frequently a bad thing? I feel okay after 24 hours, but 48 is when I'm ready to eat again.

I've been sure to include mutlivitamin, flax oil (omega 3), and protein supplementation to prevent deprivation and backfire, but is this all I need? and in the right amounts? I really don't want a backfire. The goal is to trade body fat for muscle mass.

The reason I'm cutting so slim on calories by 1) Only consuming the BMR of my SMALL goal of 134 lb man and 2) Only eating BMR every other day, is to compensate for the slips (like the altoids), lack of exercise due to busyness, and to get serious results FAST. The fact that I have regimented intakes of all essential proteins, omega 3 fat, and multivitamin, I calculate I should be okay, and there will be no backfire. Is there anything I'm forgetting? Should I be okay if I am 100% compliant to this?

-Chris

grokka is offline Senior Member
    1 calorie altoids are slips??? You will run into deficiencies eating like this, you need more food. Read leangains

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Er, WHY?

WHY 3.7%?

WHY put your body through that...alternating eating too little with not eating at all. What are you going to build muscle with? Your body is going to use every calorie it gets to simply maintain your existence. Why would it put any effort into making muscles bigger?

I think your plan is a slippery slope to either malnutrition or a massive binge.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist
    I am a 5'4" 141 Lb Male with a medium build trying to get to 134 Lbs with 3.7% Body Fat. However the 3.7% body fat is MUCH more important that the over all weight. If I end up getting to 3.7% at 150lbs before it's all said and done, so be it.
    May I ask WHY you are attempting to do this insane plan?

Grizz

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    It should work, if you can do it. Sounds horrible, though.

Edit: vitamin D, I guess?

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    I wonder what your body's going to do when you stop subjecting it to this low-calorie regimen and start eating more normally?

Looking at your diet... hm, is your only meat the grilled chicken? How are you doing for iron? Zinc? (Is chicken an OK source?) Any minerals in that 'multivitamin'? (Not that relying on a pill for essentials is a great plan, but this is just for a short while - right?) It all sounds painfully low in fat, too.

And if you're only taking flax oil, not eating oily fish or taking fish oil, you could well be lacking Omega 3s. Not everyone can convert from flax oil to the stuff you actually need; I'd definitely recommend swapping that out for fish oil.

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    You're on a unsustainable path and a path fraught with unintended negative consequences. Please reconsider.

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like you're averaging less than 800 calories per day? Are you nuts? If you were excessively obese then you could get away with this since you would have an excess of energy stored in fat but you're not overweight. You're going to put your body in to a starvation mode which will likely cause you to gain fat/lose muscle mass in your body's attempt to live. Please reconsider.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Either this person is a troll or is quite unwell.

I almost wish it is the former, because if it's the latter..... wow.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...s-Going-Primal!

You lost a ton of weight and found a smoking body beneath the flab. But you're taking it too far. To be constantly at 3~4% body fat doesn't sound healthy. You have your six pack. Congrats. You might also have lingering self-image issues that you need to sort out. Your diet plan does not sound sustainable or healthy in the long-term.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast