Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Analyze THIS PBP Diet Please,... page 2

ProtoAlex is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The diet you outline is very very far away from being anything close to a PBP diet. Flax seeds: no; relying only on multivitamins for essential micronutrient intake: no; what I'm assuming is most likely chicken breast for intake is another big no. Tack those onto necessitating that all water be hot and 3-4 complete fasting days a week pushes this dangerously close (if not completely in) to the eating disorder level of things.

I'm at 6'2" with about 3.3 body fat (caliper method) just by very moderate (3-4 times a week less than 30 min each) working out and following closer to the PBP diet of plenty of fats. I'm technically looking to gain muscle currently and have been doing so without putting on fat even with daily consumption of things like heavy cream, coconut milk, fatty organ meats, munching on gristle, cooking everything in lard/coconut oil/palm oil. I only seldom count roughly estimate total calories in a day and it's normally above between 2500-3000 (snacking on butter keeps this up). I guess I'm kind of doing some light fasting seeing as how most days I only eat 2 meals but the total calorie count for the day normally is still somewhat the same even on those days.

The point I'm trying to make is you don't necessarily have to eat terribly unhealthy to lose body fat. Simply looking into the more ketogenic aspects of the diet normally does wonders for most people. I should also note that the #1 comment I get on my appearance is that I'm "skinny", not thin, but skinny there's actually quite a big difference between the two normally being in that when they say it they're more often than not referring to the fact that I look semi-sickly at such a low body fat%. They're right too and I'm looking forward to getting to the point where I can start putting on a little bit of body fat as well.

TLDR: eat lots more healthy fat (60-70% of intake)/healthy fat means no flax.
    Last edited by ProtoAlex; 12-04-2010 at 05:07 PM.

janie is offline Senior Member
    "healthy fat means no flax"

Please explain.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Well I guess this sounds like an ideal diet if you want prostate cancer (current flax study results on the impacts of consumption by men).

Well, I guess this sounds like an ideal diet if you are living in a 3rd world country trying to survive on as little food as possible so that you can give the rest of your food to your growing children in the hopes that one day they will grow up to be successful people who never know your hunger.

Well, I guess this sounds like an ideal diet if you suffer from severe OCD and aspergers and this is the only way you can control yourself without committing suicide.

Well, I guess this sounds like an ideal diet if you don't actually care about being primal and instead just want to eat foods that kind of adhere to the primal lifestyle but really don't want to apply the primal lifestyle at all to yourself.

Can I keep going or should I stop now.

Oh yeah, this sounds like an ideal diet if you want to cut to 3.5% body fat realize you feel like shit all the time and you still don't get laid so you end up ballooning into the stay puft man.

edit: basically I'm calling you a troll as I have a hard time believing any human could think this is a good idea and would come to these forums and try to validate this. This is like cutting the gas tank off your car, going to the BMW forums and asking if you should expect to get good mileage. Except instead of having a shitty car you will just die from malnutrition.
    Last edited by Rivvin; 12-04-2010 at 06:00 PM.

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    "healthy fat means no flax"

Please explain.
    Hope you got some time.

http://www.westonaprice.org/know-you...-perilous.html
    Last edited by chima_p; 12-04-2010 at 06:05 PM. Reason: not even close to the correct link

To the OP

If you are going to fast do it right.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

Unless you are competing there is no point to 3.7%. I don't think it is even possible without drugs. I don't think it is possible without death.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Still confused, Chima_p. That link talks about choline and a search on flax yielded nothing. The reason I am confused is that I understood that flax was a good source of Omega3s. Also I've seen a # of people here speak of using flax oil and Mark has flax seeds in at least one recipe I've tried. So a statement that "healthy fat means no flax" seems off the mark. No trying to be argumentative, just wanting to understand what is so as I've been using both fish oil and flax.

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Biochemist View Post
    After the two-day kickstart, I now alternate between "Limited Eating" days and "Modified Fast" days.
    That sounds like an eating disorder.

On the "Eat" Days, I can consume no more than ..... I've chosen to limit myself to ..... starting every morning with the mandatory.....to put myself in Mark's minumum of.....

The other days are full 24 hour fasts where I can drink only.... but MUST consume....A modified fast if you will.
    This kind of language about how you eat is unhealthy, and the antithesis of PB, which is about nourishing your body and respecting its needs, not restricting shit and getting punitive. An unhealthy attitude towards food and your body.

My Questions:

Is fasting this frequently a bad thing?
    Yes.

I've been sure to include mutlivitamin, flax oil (omega 3), and protein supplementation to prevent deprivation and backfire, but is this all I need? and in the right amounts? I really don't want a backfire. The goal is to trade body fat for muscle mass..
    No this is not all you need. Not the right amounts. This will backfire.

The reason I'm cutting so slim on calories.... is to compensate for the slips (like the altoids), lack of exercise due to busyness, and to get serious results FAST. The fact that I have regimented intakes of all essential proteins, omega 3 fat, and multivitamin, I calculate I should be okay, and there will be no backfire. Is there anything I'm forgetting? Should I be okay if I am 100% compliant to this?

-Chris
    Is there anything you are forgetting? You are forgetting to eat. 100% compliance has nothing to do with a healthy lifestyle of any sort, including PB. It feels good to be HEALTHY. I have no idea what it feels like to be "compliant," but it sounds like a fucking nightmare.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I hope we didn't frighten him away. I really want to know why he wants to get down to 3.7% specifically.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    He's either checked himself into an eating disorder clinic or has fainted right in the middle of a lift.... but being the little troll that he is, methinks he and his li'l pointed cap are hiding under a bridge.
    Last edited by TigerLily; 12-04-2010 at 09:57 PM.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast