Page 11 of 150 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancer Survivor Climbs Kilimangaro or Grok goes back to Africa page 11

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hmm, while not quite what you're looking for, I like this list: http://whole9life.com/wp-content/upl...duce-guide.pdf
    and so I try to eat lots of the bolded stuff and skimp on the rest (unless if it's for after working out)

Paleobird Guest
    Thank you Unsuperb. That is some interesting info. And good to know that almost all of my favorites are the ones in bold type.

What I really was looking for is a chart saying 1 cup butternut squash=x#of carbs vs. 1 cup steamed spinach=x#of carbs. etc.

I tried plugging some numbers in at the Fitday site. I tried using ones that I already knew the values of according to the labels. Now either the labeling is off or Fitday is a useful approximation but not that accurate. Fitday usually came out on the side of making the food in question seem like it had more carbs than the labels said. Hummm. Not sure what to make of that.

IntrinsicArt is offline Senior Member
    How about Calorie King?
    http://www.calorieking.com/foods/cal...-Y2lkPTEx.html
    You could start an excel spreadsheet with your favorites (or regulars) and a serving size/carb content. Might be some work up front, but usable for the long haul

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    I have thought fit day was not accurate before on some things too. Sorry, I don't have a chart like you are looking for.

Ellie G is offline Senior Member

IntrinsicArt is offline Senior Member
    Bingo!
    That works better than the Calorie King link that I sent her

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie G View Post
    Thanks Ellie. That's perfect. Of course Atkins would have a good carb chart. Duh! Why didn't I think of that?

Paleobird Guest
    I seem to be settling in to a pattern of one major meal and one or two small snacks for the day. I have my wheatgrass juice and tea in the morning but I'm just not hungry until about 4pm when I have dinner. I may have a square of chocolate or a couple of nuts in the evening but the snacking urges are going away. Cool.

The reason I wanted the carb chart is because I am really trying to stay well under 50/day and stay in ketosis (been measuring with ketostix). This is not just about weight loss but it is about the reason I found the PB plan in the first place. I have epilepsy and, although my seizures are well controlled on meds, I would like to get to a point where I didn't have to be putting so many chemicals in my body to keep them in check. They have had some good results at Johns Hopkins using something they call the Modified Atkins Diet (MAD) which basically has more fat and protein but less carbs than regular Atkins but it still has all those fake ingredient bars and shakes. I was looking for an all natural yet ketogenic diet when I found the PB. If I can stay consistently in ketosis for several months, them I am going to try backing off a bit on my meds and seeing what happens.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    that sounds really cool. i love when diet can do those things for people!

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A asked my neurologist's opinion before going primal and she said she couldn't see any harm in it but she also couldn't see why I would want to bother given that the meds are working.

Ummm. Hellooo... I am "bothering" to get healthier.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 12-31-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: healthier not heathier

Page 11 of 150 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast