Thread: Prescribe meds. Proscribe sex, bacon and booze. page

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member

Prescribe meds. Proscribe sex, bacon and booze.

Shop Now
    In my experience dealing with the medical community, the focus is always on the symptoms but never on being healthy. Fixating on the negative vice emphasizing the positive.

Article: Against Health
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    this has also been my experience in general.

our last family doctor, though, was great. totally about health--well rounded. he usually prescribed things like "walk for at least 20 minutes out side eevery day" and "drink plenty of water" and "switch to organic foods." loved him.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Well, in a nation where the majority of the population thinks Lean Cuisine meals, wheat bread, and HFCS-infused lowfat yoghurt are more healthy than a couple strips of bacon or some chicken skin, this argument might actually have some validity.
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Allopathic medicine is more concerned with treating symptoms. Osteopaths and naturopaths tend to be more concerned with the entire body and less with the symptoms. The same is true for Traditional Chinese Medicine. People presenting to practitioners of TCM, for example, with the same symptoms might receive different treatments. Allopaths are not "against health". Their school just has a different approach. It is not the approach that I prefer.

My preferred medical provider would be a nurse practitioner, especially one with a knowledge of TCM and herbology.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha