Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: gals over 50? page 69

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayers89 View Post
    The prescription meds needed to control the pain are history.
    Bravo, and hooray!
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayers89 View Post
    The prescription meds needed to control the pain are history.
    Yippee. Congratulations. What a great feeling eh?

I am stuggling a little myself these past few months. You tend to forget all the things that eating primal can do for you till you start slipping for a few months. My stiffness and feeling tired are starting to creep back which tells me that my inflammation is getting worse again.
    I can't wait till we get our city house sold so we have the money to finish this new one we are building. I am camping out here so do not have a kitchen that is adequate to keep my diet in order easily. It will be really nice when there is a stove and oven and a pantry with primal goodies in it again. I just feel really OLD when I don't eat right.

How are you doing now, Classic? I didn't see this one till just now, months after the fact. Hope you're back on track!

Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    Yippee. Congratulations. What a great feeling eh?

I am stuggling a little myself these past few months. You tend to forget all the things that eating primal can do for you till you start slipping for a few months. My stiffness and feeling tired are starting to creep back which tells me that my inflammation is getting worse again.
    I can't wait till we get our city house sold so we have the money to finish this new one we are building. I am camping out here so do not have a kitchen that is adequate to keep my diet in order easily. It will be really nice when there is a stove and oven and a pantry with primal goodies in it again. I just feel really OLD when I don't eat right.
    Best--
    Kate

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

So is anyone here doing the no-shampoo thing? I tried it last year and failed, this year I'm using baking soda and water for cleansing, then rinse that out and use apple cider vinegar rinse. LOVE it. My hair feels great!
    Best--
    Kate

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Ruckman View Post
    So is anyone here doing the no-shampoo thing? I tried it last year and failed, this year I'm using baking soda and water for cleansing, then rinse that out and use apple cider vinegar rinse. LOVE it. My hair feels great!
    I quit using shampoo roughly two years ago; quit with the hair dryer 8 years ago (and we live in the snow!). My hair is so much softer and more resilient--and it's down to my waist. It NEVER gets dirty or oily, but I use conditioner once/week and vinegar once/week. I find the regular old white vinegar to be better than the apple cider vinegar, which left a little stickiness to my hair...

Yeah, it works. I never had any problems switching: from the first day, my hair was happy.

Cool! I rinse the vinegar out, too...I tried leaving it in and it did feel sticky. I've used the vinegar rinse for years now...

Quote Originally Posted by drjoyous View Post
    I quit using shampoo roughly two years ago; quit with the hair dryer 8 years ago (and we live in the snow!). My hair is so much softer and more resilient--and it's down to my waist. It NEVER gets dirty or oily, but I use conditioner once/week and vinegar once/week. I find the regular old white vinegar to be better than the apple cider vinegar, which left a little stickiness to my hair...

Yeah, it works. I never had any problems switching: from the first day, my hair was happy.
    Best--
    Kate

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Hi Kate,
    Thanks for asking. I still am struggling but finally have a kitchen and a stove so I am starting to cook good food again. We sold our city house and now have everything in our new house. The house is not quite finished so is very disorganized (no cabinets or counters yet) but at least we are not moving back and forth with two houses. The most important part is we now have the money to finish the new house. Yippeeee!!!!! Moving toward less stress now.

I now have an added incentive to eat better because I just had my blood tested and my CRP has jumped to over 14 (should be under 3) and I am showing to be pre diabetic. I am encouraged already since I am feeling much better even after 2 days of decent food.

The nice thing about eating primal is it really takes little time to feel the benefits again. Now to stay focused in staying on track living in chaos for awhile. I am really scared with the CRP number so am very motivated.

I am going to try your baking soda and water hair washing thing. I already rinse with ACV to get shampoo residue out. That has helped with excema that was pretty persistent for years.

I have missed this thread.

Paleobird Guest
    Wow. This thread needs resurrecting. I am now at 51 and officially old enough to play with the adults.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I just found this great new blog and am back to high fat, vlc, moderate protein. Here's the link:
    LIFEXTENSION: What I Eat; Fat ≠ Fat

I did vlc way back when I was 6 months into Primal, but I think I set myself up for failure, since I was also calorie restricting. I just felt too tired.

This time, I am feeling terrific! Plenty of energy, dropping that yucky bloat and my mind is clearer.

Perhaps dropping from about 70 g carbs to 40 g was easier, too.

Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast