Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: gals over 50? page 64

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    I am SO happy to report that my husband has joined me in the Primal Blueprint, and has lost almost 15 lbs already. He's in that delightfully dedicated stage AND he's the main cook at our house, so Life Is GOOD.
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Ruckman View Post
    I am SO happy to report that my husband has joined me in the Primal Blueprint, and has lost almost 15 lbs already. He's in that delightfully dedicated stage AND he's the main cook at our house, so Life Is GOOD.
    That is great news. It's so wonderful when someone we care about sees the light and is able to benefit from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    That is great news. It's so wonderful when someone we care about sees the light and is able to benefit from this.
    YES, thank you! It makes it easier for both of us...he was supportive but still eating this and that that weren't doing him any particular amount of good. Then we watched In Search of the Perfect Human Diet together, and he was SOLD. I've very happy it's paying off for him. (And me!)
    Best--
    Kate

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    Be sure to use sea salt, when salting, so you get all the trace minerals also. Never know what those little things can contribute.
    Classic, I've been using Himalayan pink mineral salt...my husband calls it my "girly" salt, since it's pink! Nice, though...
    Best--
    Kate

LindaW is offline Junior Member
    Fantastic! My husband eats whatever I cook, but still takes sandwiches in his lunch and has cereal for snacks. Thank God I don't crave the bread or cereal, so I just deal with the little differences. I make him Primal style treats so he is happy with that. We have been eating mostly unprocessed food for years, as I always cooked from scratch, I just decided to eliminate the grains in the last 3 months. I really feel for the those that deal with a lot of resistance when going Primal, it makes it very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaW View Post
    Fantastic! My husband eats whatever I cook, but still takes sandwiches in his lunch and has cereal for snacks. Thank God I don't crave the bread or cereal, so I just deal with the little differences. I make him Primal style treats so he is happy with that. We have been eating mostly unprocessed food for years, as I always cooked from scratch, I just decided to eliminate the grains in the last 3 months. I really feel for the those that deal with a lot of resistance when going Primal, it makes it very difficult.
    It's fun to watch Joseph get so into it! (Though I have to say I'm not wild about coconut flour...gritty stuff.) I don't crave grains either, never have since I started Primal...I guess we're lucky! No carb flu, either...
    Best--
    Kate

Classic is offline Senior Member
    It's fun to watch Joseph get so into it! (Though I have to say I'm not wild about coconut flour...gritty stuff.) I don't crave grains either, never have since I started Primal...I guess we're lucky! No carb flu, either...
    Great news Kate. It is sooo much easier when your partner eats the same way that you do. Sharing is part of what makes this so fun and since most of the rest of the people out there don't eat this way it is like having a little secret club that no one understands except a few of us. The club is getting bigger though.

My partner cooks up some good eats as often as I do which helps a lot. She is also getting into helping me figure out what animals we will be getting this coming spring to start our little farm. I am taking a butchering class next month and am so excited. The butchering class features some charcuterie also which is even more exciting.

I will be spending this winter researching heritage chickens, turkeys, pigs and sheep and then will have to build a chicken coop and assorted other out buildings to house our new flock, heard etc.. There is also a large pasture up the road that I have been told I can use to graze some beef. I am going to be very busy in my retirement.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    I wanted to report back about excessive menopausal bleeding.... A recap the doctor said I had 3 options; ablation, Mirena IUD or birth control pills. I didn't like any of those options so I did some research and found out that progesterone cream could help. I understand that it could take 3 months, but I am 1 month in and have just had a very normal (light) period. No clots! I am hopeful that this could be the solution.

Hawk is offline Junior Member
    Kate! wonderful news. My husband eats the way I do now because I was so sick. PB has helped me so much that he decided it must be healthier even though he had no health issues. So far, I am off all meds, allergy, BP, inhalers, pain meds, nuerontin, trazedone, hydrocodone.. No hot flashes..!!! I have lost 20 pounds since April. I am 57, soon to be 58. I am looking forward to my life now.
    Start weight 182
    weight now 162
    goal weight 132

Hawk is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Classic, I would LOVE to have a mini farm. My husband and I are looking for property. Getting our house ready to put on the market. The improvements in my health have caused us to start to check this out.
    Start weight 182
    weight now 162
    goal weight 132

Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast