Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: gals over 50? page 61

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by brighthorse View Post
    I like to ride my bike most mornings. I between 5 and 8 miles. That is not far on a bike but it is all I have time for. I know some people read this and go constant cardio blah blah blah. So what? I like it. I work from home so it gives me a chance to get out. It gives me time to think about my day which I imagine most people would do during a commute to work. I live in the country, since I ride at dawn, it gives me a chance to see some local wildlife. Which is always good!
    I also walk my heeler dog 2 miles each day because she is so hyper there would be no living with her if I didn't And I lift free weights, planking, ketttlebell stuff etc. I like it. For my age, I am in good shape!
    What a great-sounding routine!

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    What a great-sounding routine!
    Thanks! 8)

Classic is offline Senior Member
    I am building a house with lots of heavy lifting, standing and walking all day. I need to fill in with some sprints once in awhile though. I am so tired after building 8 to 10 hours a day that I just cannot do anything else. I used to lift weights quite a lot and will get back into that this winter after I move them out to the new house.
    I think lifting helps keep all those little support muscles strong so we don't get hurt when using the big muscles.

Hi LindaW , you're going to be very busy..what a lovely dispaly odf good food you must have. I admit to mainly putting things in the freezer.

grokling is offline Junior Member
    Hi jan i have just turned 50 and been primal 4 weeks havnt lost any weight yet but am still pretty much new to it i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by grokling View Post
    Hi jan i have just turned 50 and been primal 4 weeks havnt lost any weight yet but am still pretty much new to it i guess.
    Welcome! Happy Birthday! Just stick with it and you will lose weight. I feel great and love eating this way!

ladies, after no real weight loss success and slogging away at the same old routine for a couple of months Ive been reading about the leptin reset and am on day two. breakfast was never one of my favourite meals and a heavy one early in the morning has taken some doing, but if I am leptin resistant, and the symptoms I read on one of Mark's posts sound very much like me I will give it a go.
    Can someone explain to me why nightshade fruits arnt in favour.I have a greenhouse full of ripening tomatoes and aubergines and peppers !! So, I am really disppointed to read that I shouldnt be eating them. Maybe its just if you have an allergy to that group.Ive never noticed anything myself.

grokling is offline Junior Member
    Hi brighthorse and thankyou i am looking forward to the changes and actually for the very first time i am excited about the future !

LindaW is offline Junior Member
    Has anyone tried some of the recipes in Mark's Quick & Easy Meals? Everyone I have tried has been great. I made the Halibut in butter sauce the other day, and it was delicious! I also made the Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice, great dish and re-heats nicely. Also the BLTA Chicken Breast Sandwich, gotta love it!
    Dang, making myself hungry, LOL

iateallthepies, I am going to read up on the leptin reset. I have heard of it, but don't know to much about it. My weight has been holding steady after an initial 5lb loss, but not losing anymore for about a month now.

I have been losing steady weight since I started eating this way. I don't do the organic thing because I can't afford it. But all the food I eat is fresh and not processed. I don't eat grains though I cheat sometimes with potatoes. I think I have had rice 2x in the last year or so. The only cheat times are when I go out with friends or have dinner with friends which is rare because I am not a social person. I lose between 5 and 6 pounds a month. I do IF (The IF thing is a calories in/ calories out thing imho) a bit but not every day and I don't eat breakfast very often because I don't wake up hungry. I eat 2 meals a day and I am not starving. Both meals consist of a meat or fish and lots of fresh vegetables. Lots of time lunch is just a big ass vegetable omelette. Dinner is usually grilled meat and a big ass salad with lots of different veggies and homemade dressing with fresh lemon.
    I eat all the vegetables except potatoes all the time. Why would a tomatoe be bad for me? I could see fried green tomatoes being bad but a sweet ripe red tomatoe not boiled in oil? Why would eggplant or peppers be bad?

Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast