Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: gals over 50? page 56

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm.....maybe I had better hang out here once in a while. I've been telling myself that I am 54, but in truth that won't happen until October.
    I'm feeling pretty darn good for this age!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I don't mind getting older as long as my body feels good and I have some energy. We get wiser as we get older you know;-)

One can only hope eh?

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    I will see what I can do.
    Thank you! I got it!

You could let it cool in the metal pot then add the "bug". Then you could pour it in 4 quart jars. for the first ferment. Do you have any smaller bottle for the second ferment? I got mine at a beer supply store. Those wire top ones are great and can be used over and over. I bought two cases of them and have been using them for a couple of years now.
    thanks for that Classic, I do have some wire topped jars which I keep for herbal tinctures ,I dont suppose that will matter. I also have some wire topped bottles which had olive oil in. If I can wash them thouroughly enough I suppose they will come in useful too.

Quote Originally Posted by dommers View Post
    I started primal a few weeks ago and i have to confess I was not happy. I never got my energy back (was tired after walking 10 blocks!), i was having trouble sleeping and thinking and i gained 5 pounds! I cut way back on meat and fat and practically quadroupled the amount of vegetables i'm eating and stopped denying myself fruit....within 48 hours of doing that I have amazing energy (i can now easily work out and walk a few miles as well) and am clear headed and 8 days later I'm down 10 pounds.
    Hi Dommers, I was having the same problem,I was feeling tired and weak for several weeks and was just beginning to think that this was not working for me when I decided to up the carbs fromAtkins induction level to around 50gms.It made all the difference. Ive still not lost any weight and will have to start thinking about cutting out or reducing dairy (which is mylittle treat) and eating slightly less. I think for women of a certain age may need to watch calories.I'm thinking 1400 or so.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iateallthepies View Post
    thanks for that Classic, I do have some wire topped jars which I keep for herbal tinctures ,I dont suppose that will matter. I also have some wire topped bottles which had olive oil in. If I can wash them thouroughly enough I suppose they will come in useful too.
    The first ferment of the fruit mixture should have just a cheese cloth(or a dish towel) top closed with a rubber band to keep the fruit flies out. It is the second ferment after you strain the fruit concoction and bottle that gets sealed with tight fitting lids so it can get nice and bubbly.

The first ferment of the fruit mixture should have just a cheese cloth(or a dish towel) top closed with a rubber band to keep the fruit flies out. It is the second ferment after you strain the fruit concoction and bottle that gets sealed with tight fitting lids so it can get nice and bubbly.
    Hi Classic, I'll be sure to do that. Thanks

LindaW is offline Junior Member
    Hi medic, I couldn't help but notice your post regarding canker sores. I have been plagued with them all my life until I gave up wheat. My sister was diagnosed with Celiacs (gluten allergy) and although I didn't have the classic signs of it, I did read that canker sores can be caused by it. Since working on going Primal, a lot of inflammation has ceased for me, Thank God. I am 62 and sure wish I would have done this years ago. I have been probably eating primal for about a month, haven't really lost any weight, but haven't gained any either. But I have to say my clothes seem to be fitting better.

Linda

Theresa is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaW View Post
    Hi medic, I couldn't help but notice your post regarding canker sores. I have been plagued with them all my life until I gave up wheat. My sister was diagnosed with Celiacs (gluten allergy) and although I didn't have the classic signs of it, I did read that canker sores can be caused by it. Since working on going Primal, a lot of inflammation has ceased for me, Thank God. I am 62 and sure wish I would have done this years ago. I have been probably eating primal for about a month, haven't really lost any weight, but haven't gained any either. But I have to say my clothes seem to be fitting better.

Linda
    My daughter (age 22) constantly suffered from terrible canker sores since she was quite young. They would even stretch down the back of her throat and were often diagnosed as "coxsakie", but she would get them over and over and that you were only supposed to get once. We both went primal last August and she's had no more canker sores, she's no longer allergic to cats, my rosacea is completely gone and both of us had no seasonal allergies this spring. Neither of us lost weight from the switch, however...

LindaW is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    My daughter (age 22) constantly suffered from terrible canker sores since she was quite young. They would even stretch down the back of her throat and were often diagnosed as "coxsakie", but she would get them over and over and that you were only supposed to get once. We both went primal last August and she's had no more canker sores, she's no longer allergic to cats, my rosacea is completely gone and both of us had no seasonal allergies this spring. Neither of us lost weight from the switch, however...
    It amazes me how many problems we have with grains, and you never really know until you stop them. Unfortunately I am not losing any weight since my initial 5 lbs, but I have to say that the spare tire I have had around my middle is a lot looser, I am assuming that the fat underneath is starting to go away, I should have done measurements other that my waist.

Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast