Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: gals over 50? page 54

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I will dig up the recipe and figure out a way to post it.

It is a lengthy process to describe and I am not sure how to input here. I have it in a word file. umm. There are photos in it and I don't think it would paste well in here. Any ideas?

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    If you post "Go Advanced" you can attach a Word document (.doc) to the post.

Here is a site from WPF that describes the process but the Word file I have has nice pictures and a lovely description of the whole process.
    Old-Fashioned, Healthy, Lacto-Fermented Soft Drinks: The Real "Real Thing" - Weston A Price Foundation

I'll try that now Goldie. Thanks. Well it appears the file exceeds the limit of what I am allowed to upload to this site. I may try to cut it up into smaller pieces if the WPF description isn't enough.
    Let me know what you think.
    I make quite a few fermented foods these days. It certainly has helped my digestive tract. No more IBS.

Off to work now. Gotta get the siding on the house done in the next couple of weeks or I am toast.

Hi Classic , I looked it up and found this.Is this what you do ?
    thanks, barbara
    A Life Unprocessed: Lacto-Fermented Dandelion Soda

Yes, very similar. You can also use Whey as a starter instead of the ginger bug but I have never tried that. I think that might work better for my root beer recipe so I will try that this fall when I have more time. Great site for fermentation info. Thanks for sharing it. I would like to try this dandelion soda sometime.

I am going to try rhubarb soda this summer as well. A friend of mine tried that and says it is her new favorite. I love fermenting things. Great fun and my digestion has improved immensely. Let me know what you try if you decide to try it.

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    HiClassic - thanks for this info ! love the idea of making sodas and curious to see what its like , have made ginger beer as a child (but it exploded !) I think the info on a life unprocessed may help there ! am going to try some sauerkraut DH just loves that too and so pleased that its good for digestion too..great

Hi Classic and all, yes, it is a very interesting site and the dandelion soda also looks promising. I have had to supplement potassium because I was experiencing rapid heart beat and since dandelion is ,I think, high in potassium it might be one to try.
    The rhubarb season, I think is coming to an end in the UK but raspberries are coming into season. Can you use frozen fruit and if you use fruits with seeds such as raspberries do you just strain before or after fermenting ?
    thanks, Barbara

Hi Govinca, congratulations on the weight loss. Can you tell me what proportions you have been aiming for in carbs, fat and protein. I am really struggling to lose any weight at all. I tried eating more ,I put on three pounds + inches, Ive reduced calories and lost 1lb. Very frustrating and I dont know which way to jump.
    id you give up dairy ? I was really hoping not to have to do that.
    thanks, Barbara

Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast