Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: gals over 50? page 53

Hi Artyscat ,you sound much the same as me. I seem to have been on a diet of some sort all my adult life. I lose weight with diffulty and have only really lost much weight on a calorie restricted diet. As we all know, this just dosnt work, it all piles back on again and I have been doing my damnest to make the PB work for me. If only because its my sort of food and I hate feeling hungry.!
    I am past the period problems but did have similar problems to you at roughly the same age. The end is in sight though and if I disregard the hot flushes which I still get its so much easier with out all the monthly problems. I too seem to be lucky and have no major health issues. No aches or pains and now Iam through the 'fluey' symptoms of the early law carb thing I feel my energy returning and am feeling more lucid ( honest ) too.
    This thread is great. No disrespect to younger peole doing heavy work outs and desiring to be ripped (dont we all) but its not going to happen for me. My excercise this morning after seeing to my horse was a long walk on the beach with my dog. Life dosnt get an better.
    Barbara

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I'm 55 and I've been about 60% primal most of my life without realizing what it was--until a year ago, when I discovered paleo. Then a few months ago I found Mark and the Primal Blueprint, and I really like the whole-life approach. Now I'm maybe 95% primal and 90% paleo. (I don't want to give up cheese although I don't eat it often!) I've never had a weight problem, and I think that's because I've been semi-primal for so long. I was raised on meat and veg, with potatoes only occasionally and bread was just for school lunch sandwiches. Even then I sometimes ate the guts of the sandwich and threw away the bread!

@ Classic--have you had your vision checked lately? Sometimes "clumsiness" is really because you can't see quite as clearly as you used to.

Glad to meet y'all!
    Hey Goldie,
    I have not been to the eye doc in a couple of years and plan to do that soon. Thanks for the suggestion. That may be part of it but I also seem to have some balance issues along with the clumsiness. I have been learning to be very cognizant of this since I spend a good deal of time on a ladder or scaffolding while working on my house.
    We are building our retirement home so lots of stuff that requires balance and coordination.

I am noticing some frustration here in slow or no weight loss. After losing another 15 pounds in the spring I have stalled as well. When I was whining about this to my partner she reminded me that I always have trouble in the summer and reminded me that there is an explanation for this in the book "Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar, and Survival" by T. S. Wiley and Bent Formby.
    I always thought it was weird that I found it easier to lose weight in the winter.

I am going to relax about the weight loss now for the summer berry season and eat those luscious things. I don't seem to gain weight as long as I stay away from grains and make sure I eat enough fat. Soooo at this stage in life I am going to enjoy those little berry pleasures with lots of cream on them. I also make berry lacto-fermented soda with the berries. Yummmm

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    thanks Iateallthepies ....agree this thread is great

love your exercise routine too sounds really healthy and fun ! unlike the smelly gym ...sighs ...

i had carb flu for about 5 days too since I was also heavily into baking my own sourdough so that really gave me a hard time but yes I do feel better now too - however had also a whine incident at weekend which seemed to revive some similar symptoms so that taught me !! yikes

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    <snip>

I am going to relax about the weight loss now for the summer berry season and eat those luscious things. I don't seem to gain weight as long as I stay away from grains and make sure I eat enough fat. Soooo at this stage in life I am going to enjoy those little berry pleasures with lots of cream on them. I also make berry lacto-fermented soda with the berries. Yummmm
    Yep, it's summer, fruit is fresh and luscious, the farmer's market and the CSA bring me lovely stuff, so I'm not going to sweat it either. I've been holding steady for months even WITH fruit (blueberries, strawberries, cantaloupe, peaches), and with dairy too. When I decide I want to drop that last 15 lbs to my goal, I'll cut back, but not worrying about it as long as I'm primal, feel good, and not gaining!
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...2537&noquote=1
    where my weight went wrong was when I purchased a bread making machine. I knew it wasnt a good idea but I did it anyway and made and ate lovely bread until I had ballooned to 12 stones. Then I saw the error of my ways and pushed it as far as I could to the back of the cupboard. I still really fancy bread, particularly when passing a bakery, so I understand your problem with the sourdough.

Ive been using bi carbonate of soda and coconut oil to clean my teeth.I did look into flouride free paste but found it very expensive. So far I ma happy with the new regime and my teeth are actually whiter although that could be because I dont drink tea anymore and not much coffee.

Aahhh, just cracked open my first berry soda of the summer. It is fantastic. A rather dry tasting raspberry soda. Nice and fizzy.

Very good for you also. This lacto-fermented soda is the kind of soda they used to serve in the "soda fountains" that were in a lot of pharmacies in the old days because they were good digestives. That is where root beer started also. Yummmm

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    Aahhh, just cracked open my first berry soda of the summer. It is fantastic. A rather dry tasting raspberry soda. Nice and fizzy.

Very good for you also. This lacto-fermented soda is the kind of soda they used to serve in the "soda fountains" that were in a lot of pharmacies in the old days because they were good digestives. That is where root beer started also. Yummmm
    Did you make it yourself?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thats sounds lovely, Ive never heard of lacto fermented juice. how do you make it ?

Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast