Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: gals over 50? page 51

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, lots of newcomers on this thread over night. Welcome all.

Pollyanna12, I am not sure how to answer that since I have not encountered that one myself. I will have to think about it and get back to you.
    I am sure someone here will have a suggestion but for starters, how long have you been eating primal? I would think this would help a lot. I have heard several folks talk about improved sex drive with this lifestyle and that usually can be tied to testosterone levels among other things.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loraine2271 View Post
    I am 69 and just started this Primal way of living as of today. I have about 50 pounds to shed and am fed up of diets that ofer lots and do nothing.
    Hey Loraine, First off I felt the same way you do when I started with this 2 years ago. While I have only lost 30lbs so far I find this way of eating more natural which is why I still eat this way. There are many more benefits here than just losing weight as you will read about if you spend time surfing the threads.

If you have yoyo dieted your entire life like I did you might find losing the weight takes a bit longer but you will feel better almost immediately. I lost 15 lbs the first couple of months then did not lose any more till this past few months when I lost another 15 pounds.

I think it takes time for us older gals to heal our bodies after all the ups and downs and the lack of nutrient dense fats and other foods that were always on the tabu list like avocados etc.
    Good luck on your journey and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Iwannabeslim is offline Junior Member
    Awe figierdos I am so sad to hear that.

Ida! is offline Junior Member
    I think we also have to figure out the best way to work this plan for our individual bodies. I started primal a few weeks ago and i have to confess I was not happy. I never got my energy back (was tired after walking 10 blocks!), i was having trouble sleeping and thinking and i gained 5 pounds! I cut way back on meat and fat and practically quadroupled the amount of vegetables i'm eating and stopped denying myself fruit....within 48 hours of doing that I have amazing energy (i can now easily work out and walk a few miles as well) and am clear headed and 8 days later I'm down 10 pounds. I was locked into the idea that "primal" had to be tons of fat and meat....it doesn't!

hello ! what a great thread. I'm 59 nearly 60yo. Ive been over weight all my life and was darned if I was going to hit 60 like that. Ive been low carbing since January and lost 10lbs ,that was with the Dukan diet which looking back was such an unhealthy diet .Low carb ,low fat,high protein. Anyway the food was awful and I fell of the wagon and put a couple of pounds back on.
    Ive recently come across BP and decided this was for me.I've had a lifetime love affair with very fatty streaky bacon !
    Surprisingly though,Ive not felt too good, Ive been low in energy and felt like I was wading through glue despite being a previously fast walker. I think maybe I took the carbs too low and have eased them back up again. Ive had to supplement potassium too as I was having rapid heart beats which even seemed to bang in my ears. Ive always had low BP but was worried that the diet wasnt suiting me.
    Ive tweaked with things a bit and have cut my calories a bit as I had actually gained three pounds. I'm feeling better on slightly more carbs and time will tell if I lose some weight now.
    The only negative thing is that my bunion has started twinging again ,ha ha and the same toe on the other foot is 'stirring' .It might be nothing to do with my diet.
    Anyway, ladies, keep this up and I shall go back and read the archives.

Hi Marthat, I beleive my hot flashes have worsened again. They had been getting further apart. It may just be coincidence though. Vaginal dryness has been an issue too. Ive not used any hormone treatment.
    Barbara

Hi Barb , I see this post is two years old so dont know wether you'll pick up.
    I recognise some of your symptoms I think, I'm a bit too stressy for my own good. I have a friend who is just completing her degree in Oriental chnese medicine.
    I get a burning pain ,bloated feeling right under the ribs.I was told that 'pain in the hypochondria is caused by stress or' Qi stagnation' . I generally relieve it with a formula called ' Suan zao ren tang' with some added xiang fu. Probably a chinese practioner would add more but it works for me. I also take valerian/hops/passiflora ,a couple of tabs before bed. Its helped with my broken sleep pattern.
    another Barb

Jodis is offline Member
    iateallthepies, I'm thinking maybe you aren't at the end of the thread, if you're replying to posts that are two years old?

Quote Originally Posted by Jodis View Post
    iateallthepies, I'm thinking maybe you aren't at the end of the thread, if you're replying to posts that are two years old?
    Hiya, well, I'm nearly at the end,I started at the beginning and worked my way through.
    Barbara

johnydepp is offline Junior Member
    hahaha... lolx ... you joking... gals over 50 ... dude girls not exceed their age from 25. They remain 25 after 35 years .... hehehe. jokes a part. some girl do tell the right age . when girls become 50 or over 50 they become genius & emotional .

Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast