Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: gals over 50? page 50

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It has taken me over 2 years to finally start to heal to where I have started to lose weight a wee bit at a time. Don't worry, I had more energy within a couple 2 or 3 weeks. At my age (60) I am just happy to feel better with much less inflammation. I forgot to mention that I no longer have extreme dark circles under my eyes that have plagued me for years. That is amazing to me. It tells me my adrenals may finally be starting to heal.

rainngirl is offline Junior Member
    Hi, ladies. After having been primal for three months, I've gotten my labs back. My blood sugar went from 135 to 94!!! My total cholesterol is down by 10 points, but the ratio needs to be better. I'm just going to keep going with PB and retest in 3 months to see if the cholesterol and A1c is better. Very little weight loss, but I'm not gaining. I've had to give up dairy, since the tests found I am allergic to cow's milk. I am feeling encouraged. Just have to keep going!

Great start raingirl.
    I just got my bloodwork back also and while my cholesterol reads high for conventional wisdom purposes my LDL's are the large fluffy kind that are healthy. So large they were almost off the chart. That is a very healthy sign. My Triglycerides continue to be low all my other blood work was fantastic and I am not on any medications except 1 grain of Armour for thyroid and I am going to slowly wean myself off of that over the next few months.

The only thing that was a little elevated was my CRP which isn't surprising since I am about 50 lbs over weight. Excess fat causes inflammation all by itself.

I am so happy with the results of eating primal. When at the doctor they had me fill out this form with a list of ailments and you had to check "current" or "used to" for if they were issues. I had a whole lot of "used to". The Doctor said wow this is strange what happened to change all of these. When I told her about eating primal she said she may have to look into that.
    Maybe we will slowly convert the medical folks after all.

Keep up the good work raingirl. This really works. I am living proof of it.

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    Great start raingirl.
    I just got my bloodwork back also and while my cholesterol reads high for conventional wisdom purposes my LDL's are the large fluffy kind that are healthy. So large they were almost off the chart. That is a very healthy sign. My Triglycerides continue to be low all my other blood work was fantastic and I am not on any medications except 1 grain of Armour for thyroid and I am going to slowly wean myself off of that over the next few months.

The only thing that was a little elevated was my CRP which isn't surprising since I am about 50 lbs over weight. Excess fat causes inflammation all by itself.

I am so happy with the results of eating primal. When at the doctor they had me fill out this form with a list of ailments and you had to check "current" or "used to" for if they were issues. I had a whole lot of "used to". The Doctor said wow this is strange what happened to change all of these. When I told her about eating primal she said she may have to look into that.
    Maybe we will slowly convert the medical folks after all.

Keep up the good work raingirl. This really works. I am living proof of it.
    Classic, that's GREAT. It's working for me too, though I haven't been to the doctor since last June. I KNOW I'm doing better...weigh 30+ lbs less, no acid reflux, no insulin spikes or weird mood swings...
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

brick is offline Junior Member
    hello! Where do I start? First...so happy to find this thread...

I am 46, just turned on the 7th of june. I am 5 foot tall and currently weigh between 116-120..depending on seasonal allergies and HORMONES. Yes, I have been perimenopausal for the last 8 years...although my periods have been still regular, they are different. Last year I lost 34 pounds but discovered Primal and use it for maintaining the best I can, the weight and for feeling healthy. I have had 9 pregnancies, but 5 births and my children range from 21 years of age to the youngest of 10 years. I dealt with depression and had been on anti depressants for a number of years but have been off for 7 years now and doing fine. Frankly, I think the depression was hormonal based...anyhoo...
    I constantly struggle with maintaining because of my hormones...and I am so tired of hearing just go get the bioidentical hormones...I would if I could but can not afford that...so i try to balance myself through food, exercise and Progestra-care cream.
    In truth I have never felt better than when starting the primal lifestyle but it has not helped me lose any more weight. Only recently have I come to the conclusion that maybe I am where I should be. My mother is anorexic and so I grew up watching and learning that one can never be thin enough. It has taken a lot of years to separate myself from that, but it still creeps in and I focus too much on an number on a scale rather than over all health.
    anyway...I am so happy to find a group of women who are living primal and dealing with all the ups and downs of hormones and being healthy or at least trying to do so.
    thanks!

brick

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Well fudge! I'm peri-menopausal and on librel (I chose not to deal with mother nature) and I just started. Of course I've got to travel Thursday. This sucks!

Glad to hear you are moving towards getting off meds as warranted. Good on you.

Looking a little closer at my latest blood work I seem to have something really weird going on with my lipoprotein (a). It has always been in the teens and this last test it jumped up to 117. I am really puzzled at this one. The only thing I can think of is that I took low dose aspirin for years as a precautionary measure since there is so many heart issues in all my female relatives. After getting such good results with Primal eating I stopped taking the aspirin about a year ago.

Anyone else had something like this happen or have any other ideas on what might have caused this when everything else is doing so well?? I am stumped.

Loraine2271 is offline Junior Member
    I am 69 and just started this Primal way of living as of today. I have about 50 pounds to shed and am fed up of diets that ofer lots and do nothing.
    Loraine

Wrenwood is offline Senior Member
    I've been primal for 5 weeks and just found this thread - yay! another good fit for me! I will be 55 in less than a month.

Welcome Loraine, you are in the right place. I have lost +10 lbs so far, improved my sleep and energy level, and am making progress towards improving my health. There's a thread for newbies here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread15853.html which has a lot of good tips and I have been searching Mark's blog when I have questions about specific options on PB. Tons and tons of useful information. There's also a before and after pics thread for when I need inspiration. Happy exploring!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57034.html

"...since our orthodox theories have not saved us we may have to readjust them to bring them into harmony with Nature's laws. Nature must be obeyed, not orthodoxy." Weston A. Price

Pollyanna12 is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hi, all. I wonder if I can put my question here, please. My own post keeps disappearing under the weight of subsequent posts, and I am really looking for some answers.

I got my bloods done this last week, and everything came back ok, except for an almost non-existent testosterone level. I am a post menopausal woman in my 50s and need some help on how I can raise this level. I seem to have all the symptoms of low testostone, and would like to deal with it naturally.

Any suggestions please, folks?

Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast