Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: gals over 50? page 5

janagram is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    mizcki, wow, what a weight loss.....in such a short time!!! 130 in just over a yr???? well now........ if you could do that, it makes my weight loss goals look way more possible! You are a winner!!! Isn't it great to hear of such things achieved by older gals?
    Last edited by janagram; 01-14-2011 at 12:44 PM.

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    http://www1.snapfish.com/snapfish/th...NAME=snapfish/

Me at 52.

Long-distance cycling and Crossfit.

Canarygirl is offline Senior Member
    PrimalwannabeGirl, do people need to set up an acct in order to view your photos? (I was prompted to register on that site)

On another subject, I would love to hear how you fuel yourself for your long distance cycling. I am going to be doing some long rides this year and I have been wondering how to manage it, whether to abandon the low carb thing on those days...seems like that's what most people do. I don't want to crash and burn.
    I'm a quitter...but I'm back now.

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    Try this: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=e9a4f4a267 for me at 52.

For the kind of cycling I did, I didn't need to fuel with anything special for rides up to 50 miles. A banana afterwards was sufficient if it wasn't time for a regular meal. For multi-day long rides (like cycling across New York State) I did carry trail mix with dried fruit, dried coconut flakes and salted nuts. The fruit was great energy, the salt was good and the coconut and nuts provided longer-lasting fat energy. LOTS of water.

Since I wasn't racing, just basically cycling all day and stopping for meals, I didn't need to carry much besides the water and little baggies of my trail mix. We stopped at restaurants and I would eat applesauce a lot.

PWG

Paleonewbee is offline Junior Member
    I love home-made trail mix!! It's great to keep in the car too, for times when your starving and your next meal is a few hours away......

lbd
    lbd is offline Junior Member
    52 as of yesterday. I don't journal here but I do have a blog at www.foodforprimalthought.com. Mostly recipes, some commentary and primal lifestyle stuff. There is a section under Ancient History that talks about my journey to a primal lifestyle.

entwyf is offline Senior Member
    Isn't eating wonderful? Who'd have thought I'd ever be saying that without guilt?

CaveGrrl is offline Junior Member
    I realize this post may be way too late, but if not, before you go surgical, try prolotherapy. I had the treatment for torn (more like shredded) meniscus five years ago and it's still good to go! Go to http://www.getprolo.com/ for a list of docs near you.

CaveGrrl is offline Junior Member
    BTW, I am 51.5 years and went strictly low carb 3 years ago on a version of the Cleveland Clinic's "protein sparing modified fast." In about 6 months I lost over 50 pounds, looked and felt great, but didn't have the mental game or fitness piece in place. When I was almost at goal, I took a fall, broke my leg, spent 8 weeks virtually immobile, and fell into the carb cycle again. Gained back all the weight and some additional bad attitude. (smile) I started working with a trainer 3 days a week almost 2 years ago to get my muscles back. We train in a very PB style -- lots of bodyweight exercises and lifting heavy things -- but I have been on again off again with the walking part of the PB program. Through the training workouts, I lost about 6 or 7 pounds (meaning that I lost about 15 pounds of fat and gained about 8 or 9 of muscle), but nowhere near the 60-70 I need to lose to be at a healthy weight. Now I'm back to PB eating (no dairy, grains, sugars, or artificial "substitutes") and, although it's only been about 3 weeks, my body knows the drill. I'm down 6 pounds and I feel better already!

canadianwoman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm 49 and will be 50 later in this year. No journal because I am not into journaling.

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast