Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: gals over 50? page 49

Ida! is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Thank you ladies!

I really appreciate the advice, especially on easing up on my workouts until i'm further into this. It was upsetting to see how much slower I was riding my bike and how much heavier those weights felt! I'm taking you up on the suggestion to go for long walks instead....and I'll keep doing my ballet barre workout, I love the stretching every morning, makes me feel great!

You know what the funniest realization has been so far? While I was roasting my first tenderloin (grass fed of course!) in years, I noticed that my mouth was watering as the delicious smell filled the house...I was actually drooling! In all those years of steaming huge bowls of vegetables my mouth never watered at the aroma or anticipation of eating them!!

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Ida. I do believe that a vegan diet can be very stressful to your body so it may take some time to heal. Your body will need to adjust to eating and burning fat (glorious saturated fat). I remember when I first started primal. I put butter on everthing and ate bacon almost everyday. I certainly have calmed down on the bacon but the butter always feels so comforting. Vegetables actually have an amazing flavor with butter on them. That fat just brings out all the broccoli deliciousness. My mouth does water anticipating steamed broccoli with grass fed sourced butter.

We look forward to hearing about the changes you notice. Be patient with yourself and your body. I am just now starting to feel like my body has healed and I have been over 2 years primal now. Too many years of nonfat, whole grain eating.

Thanks Classic! This is easily the friendliest forum I've ever visited...thank you for the warm welcome!

Grass fed butter is an amazing thing. I never liked butter before (simply didn't like the taste) but i love grass fed! I made a roast chicken covered in grass fed butter, sea salt, coarse black pepper and tons of tumeric with big chunks of yellow onion and carrots all around....it was simply delicious.

I LOVE watching my dog while I'm in the kitchen cooking. We've switched him off dog food and onto real meats and vegetables....he sits by the oven wagging his tail whenever I roast something!

And get this....when I got out of bed this morning I noticed that the usual ankle bloat I have is...GONE!

Ghee is amazingly tasty also. It kind of tastes like caramel without the sugar. At least the stuff I make tastes like that. I make it from Kerrygold unsalted butter. mmmmmm.

Oh, and congrats on the progress of no swelling of the ankles any longer. The good things keep coming.

I've heard of ghee but never made it....will try that this month. I love Kerrygold butter! I also get butter from the place I buy ll my grass fed meats and pastured poutry (Slankers...they have a great website and decent pricing, especially if you buy in bulk).

My ankles had been swollen for over 20 years!

And the lastest change I'm noticing is I suddenly see biceps!

Hi everyone,

Quick question.....I'm starting to feel really good, low carb flu seems to be passing. But a question...I'm getting a few moments of feeling quite light headed...when i'm standing, sitting or lying down! Only lasts for a few seconds. Any suggestions on how to combat it or do I just ride it through? Thanks all!!

Made "primal" pistachio ice cream for a birthday party this weekend....cream from grass fed cows, stevia, egg yolks from real eggs, vanilla and pistachios....was insanely delicious. And the best part? Now that I've been sugar free for a few weeks, 2 spoonfuls of this was more than enough to satisfy me. Amazing...I used to eat my way through half gallons of store bought ice cream and still wanted more!

AussieNana is offline Member
    Ida, its my understanding that when we go low carb we also strip salts out of the body and lose water as well, leading to a lower blood pressure. My DH was hit really hard by it and improved things to manageable levels by increasing his fat, salt and water intakes.

Thanks AussieNana! I did add some more salt to my diet and am experiencing fewer bouts of light headedness. Appreciate the response!

This is definitely a strange process...I feel odd, can't quite describe it. My mind is racing to do a million things but my body feels very heavy and thick. I had to force myself to walk 2 miles today...I usually knock out 4-6 miles in an hour without even thinking. I really don't like feeling this lethargic and am getting a bit panicked when I read other posts about people who felt this way for months!

Anyone else go through this? Will my energy come back?

Your energy should be amazing as soon as your body converts to burning fat instead of carbs. That said, we are all different and the process may have slightly different manifestations. Hang in there for a little while longer and don't force your self to exercise. Your body may need your energy to heal itself. Once you have converted to fat burning you will have more energy and will really want to get out and get some exercise. Then you can do some sprints and have fun.

Thank you Classic.....patience is not my strong point but I will heed your advice!

Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast