Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: gals over 50? page 41

drizz is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone - new member here. I've been reading MDA for about a year, but only recently converted to the primal way (about 3 weeks ago). Also was on WW for a number of years, but I feel that this lifestyle is so much healthier that I was more than willing to give up the grains, carbs and sugar. I'm 58, so would like to say 'hi' here to all the ladies over 50, like me.

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, Drizz! You'll wonder why you waited so long to actually get primal!
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    I can't see ever going back to all the miseries of preprimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    I can't see ever going back to all the miseries of preprimal.
    Me either! Not only because I loathe dieting and calorie counting, but because I just FEEL better.
    Best--
    Kate

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post

<snip>

Plus, shout out to Gals Over 50 -- I suspect I'm the oldest woman posted on the "In The Making" section!
    Hey, good for you, Marianne! I should send mine in--my hard drive fried and I thought my early shots were lost, but I got them back. Need a new progress shot! (I'm 69.)
    Best--
    Kate

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Some strange postings going on here or is it just me??? They seem to be unrelated to anything in spots.

Marianne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    Some strange postings going on here or is it just me??? They seem to be unrelated to anything in spots.
    Yeah, I've been noticing these odd posts here and some in other parts of the forum, including my journal, too. Some variety of spam, I believe, so I'm just ignoring and not responding to them.

And Kate--yes, do please send in something for the "In the Making" section! Would love to see more of us older gals representin' :-)
    My Journal 60 Is the New 40 (more musings, less stats) --
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46274.html

Quote Originally Posted by JuStev5Pe View Post
    I'm 47 on my way to 48, will that do?

Sure, you're just ahead of the game!
    Best--
    Kate

Nervanna is offline Junior Member
    So here I am, wandering all around the MDA site, sighing over the wonderful results seen by some of my younger counterparts, and feeling sorry for myself, an uncool, un-athletic, hot flash ridden, 53 year old woman, a stranger in a strange land, trying to do this Primal Thing, when - lo and behold!!! - I find this thread. Yahoo!!! I found my tribe, and wow there are a lot of you! I read every thread reply, and I have already learned a lot....most importantly about having the right attitude (never my strong point) and also about giving the plan a chance, even when the weight is coming off S L O W L Y....
    Having succeeded (for a while) on Atkins, Protein Power and the Zone following my daughter's birth in my late 30's, I went back to my high(er) carb ways and actually succeeded for a while doing Core on WW as a vegetarian and maintaining my weight. Then, going into menopause, I completely lost control of my carbs. Practically overnight my blood pressure, LDL cholesterol, triglycerides and weight shot up, and I have been completely unable to reverse it. Last fall, I began eating meat again, and went back to Atkins. Turned off by the heavy reliance on unreal, processed food, I found this site and a great, new path with real food, and a sensible outlook.
    This week I started the 21 day plan, and so far, so good. I'm a middle school teacher, and I am lucky enough to have the week off for winter break, so I can try to do it right. I'll set up a journal page to keep track of my progress, and keep checking back here for more tips and support.Thanks for being here!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It IS a good group! Women our age don't always get a lot of support...but you know what? We don't NEED it. We're strong and we've gotten this far!
    Best--
    Kate

Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast