Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: gals over 50? page 40

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Swimming is great for getting exercise after injury but I am unwilling to swim in chlorinated water if I can avoid it. I do like to swim in the lake when it gets a bit warmer though.

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    Wow, Odile, good for you! No pools close to me, and the one that will be open again in April is awfully expensive, but I'm considering it anyway. For now, yoga and resistance training is doing pretty well for me.

Yeah, I pretty much dislike chlorinated water, too...options for summer!

Hey Gals, Any good news out of this older set lately? I love hearing what us graying folks are doing. Although, even at 60 my hair still only has one or two gray strands here. My blond hair has gotten darker but not gray. BTW my mothers hair is not gray either at 86 but I think that has something to do with the meds she is on.

OH, yeah, Classic! Managed a highly Primal lunch at the Marrakech Cafe in Kansas City today (WOW was it good), and while I was looking at something on the shelf at the art supply store, my husband said "you know, babe, you can really tell there's a lot less of you in that sweater!" He says my waist looks a lot narrower...which it should, being 4 inches smaller!

And I started getting gray in my 20s, so I'm pretty silver by now. Good thing I like it!
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

WOW Kate,
    When your husband starts noticing things you must really be lookin' (and feelin') good. I think feeling good makes the most difference. It changes our entire demeanor and people notice something is different.
    It makes it a lot easier to bend over when the inches come off the middle eh? I find it a lot easier to tie my shoes now. (and touch my toes).

Yeah, I wish my hair would turn gray. It just looks dull now. I envy those folks with beautiful white hair. I am afraid when mine finally starts changing it will just be the mousey gray my Grandmothers' was.

Yeah, he's definitely a keeper! I do feel a lot better--not sure how to regrow cartilage in my knees, though, darn it.

Ah but when the sun hits even a few silver hairs it really sparkles. J. has about a third of the gray in my hair, and it's really gawjus...
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Marianne is offline Senior Member
    For me, grey is where it's at! I actually noticed my first grey hair in high school, and by the time our son was in 1st grade (I was 35 when he was born) a school administrator commented on how nice it was that his grandmother brought him to school. Grrrr. BUT, despite that, I've never been tempted by a dye job. Maybe because my hair turned a nice silver/white, but more likely because I'm cheap and lazy :-)

And, ahhhh, the husbands. I figure when someone who has known you for years and years notices a change, then you really are changing! If anyone here is anything like me, then we sometimes doubt our progress and have a hard time seeing it or believing it. But an admiring comment from the spouse--wow. Yes, he gets to stay around a bit longer!
    My Journal 60 Is the New 40 (more musings, less stats) --
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46274.html

Marianne is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and in response to Classic's question, I have "interesting" news. Back in January I submitted a picture and blurb to the MDA Success Stories In the Making request, and now lo and behold they're posted. I admit I feel a tad exposed. But what was I thinking when I sent that stuff in on a whim--that they'd never post it????

But still, I'm glad it's up there. How many of us have spent countless years in some state of conscious or unconscious hiding? Being primal for the last year has had such a positive effect on my emotional state and sense of self. Now having that post up on the site is a real milestone -- I'm coming out of the shadows at last. Actually, a LOT of me is out of the shadows! But heck, it IS called "In the Making," so I can aim toward even better stuff in the future.

Plus, shout out to Gals Over 50 -- I suspect I'm the oldest woman posted on the "In The Making" section!
    My Journal 60 Is the New 40 (more musings, less stats) --
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46274.html

Marianne,
    Good luck in your challenge, journey. It will be fun to see how you do. Keep us posted.

Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast