Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: gals over 50? page 38

Aili is offline Senior Member

feel better than I have in 20 years

Primal Fuel
    I am 60 years old and busy with full time work from a home office at work that I love, after 30+ years driving to work as a university teacher. I have keen interests in carpentry and am adding 2 rooms to our house on weekends. I have a lot of energy and it feels more than what I had as a teacher educator. I've been paleo/primal for about 8 months now and have found that eliminating grains, yeast, sugars and legumes have done wonders: no more acid reflux and arthritis inflammation, and weight lost. As well, even though I've been physically fairly active all my life, these last months mean I wake up rested and with energy to do stuff, not having to make myself do it.

I don't feel 30 or whatever, nor do I wish to. We are vantage-aged and should be proud of our bodies, rumples and all

Marianne is offline Senior Member
    Well, gotta' say that for me at least 60 IS the new 40. Probably because at 40 I felt like cr*p and was not at all healthy in body or mind. I'm not trying to recapture an un-recapture-able youth by going primal, but rather savor what life has to offer NOW and be healthy enough to enjoy it as fully as possible.

@Marianne....I absolutely agree re living life now as we are, as we enjoy life without the cr*p of yesteryear

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    Well, gotta' say that for me at least 60 IS the new 40. Probably because at 40 I felt like cr*p and was not at all healthy in body or mind. I'm not trying to recapture an un-recapture-able youth by going primal, but rather savor what life has to offer NOW and be healthy enough to enjoy it as fully as possible.
    Yes, indeed. I guess I should say that compared to other people my age I feel like I am much younger in both strength and health. I am looking forward to a good quality of life in my retirement (I am 60 now) without medications and much less aches and pains than I would have imagined a couple of years ago. I am certainly primal for life. I want to live life and drop dead in my tracks when my number is up. I don't want big pharma pickling me into an old doddering existence.

@classic....Yes, indeed again! Although I too am 60, I cannot 'retire' due to being my family's only income for many years and for years to come. BUT, the good thing is that I totally love what I do, a job from heaven working from a home office, full time with a professional salary, and when I need a break to think I can do my carpentry projects. The other thing is that primal/paleo is for life and feels so right. I love what you say "don't want big pharma pickling me into an old doddering existence." me too

Marianne is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ladies -- I just recently ran across "Bodyrock" for the first time. Maybe I've been living under said rock and everyone in world already knows about it, but I was very intrigued. Has anybody in this group tried it? It seems do-able, although I'm wondering what effect all the jumping might have on my already problematic over-60 knees...

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleonewbee View Post
    Rita - does this work a lot of muscles? And is it suitable for a beginner? This belly dancing dvd?
    Mostly core muscles, but it's more like the "move slowly" type of thing, so it might replace walking when it's just plain too cold outside. Plus it's sexy, which means it can be used to increase the odds of other types of exercise... wink wink nudge nudge knowwhatImean...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Cool Bodyrock is not for me

Bodyrock...nah, not for me at 60 years. I prefer yoga, climbing, walking, dancing, hammering, climbing some more, oh, and eating real good food ...Belly dancing sounds like a lot of fun!

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aili View Post
    Bodyrock...nah, not for me at 60 years. I prefer yoga, climbing, walking, dancing, hammering, climbing some more, oh, and eating real good food ...Belly dancing sounds like a lot of fun!
    Hammering?? But yeah, I'm with you, yoga's great, and I'd do the others if my knees would cooperate. I keep telling 'em that this primal stuff really should regrow cartilage...

GoLisaGo is offline Senior Member
    Last year I retired my mountain bike, trading it in for a cruising bike with a child seat installed. A new trailhead opened last summer, paved for 28 miles, meandering over 2 rivers, through the woods, and along a small lake. It's pretty awesome. I have a goal this summer to work up to doing the whole trail, round trip 52 miles.
    There's a crack inside of everything, that's how the light gets in. ~Leonard Cohen
    Journal, From Sick to Fit: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45653.html

Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast