Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: gals over 50? page 14

tumbleweed is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Happy birthday, Metta. I'm 54, too. It's not so bad, once you get used to it!

Metta is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Gals.

I woke up with a rare headache. Bad one. Think it was menopause related. (I can say that on this thread without shame... ) I may have said this before, but my theory about why menopause can be so miserable is because by the time it's over you're THANKFUL. Instead of mourning your lost fertility.

Just took a 5.4 mile walk - a mile for each decade. I might post photos later. It was beautiful and I DO feel better now.

Have to work some and then going to have a celebration dinner with my wonderful girls.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    I'm 48 and I doubt that I'll ever be bikini ready. I was thinking today, though, that it might be nice to actually tuck in a shirt some day!
    After a few years of always trying to hide my carb belly, it was very nice to put on trousers, tucking my crisp shirt, fasten that belt.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metta View Post
    Thanks Gals.

I woke up with a rare headache. Bad one. Think it was menopause related. (I can say that on this thread without shame... ) I may have said this before, but my theory about why menopause can be so miserable is because by the time it's over you're THANKFUL. Instead of mourning your lost fertility.

Just took a 5.4 mile walk - a mile for each decade. I might post photos later. It was beautiful and I DO feel better now.

Have to work some and then going to have a celebration dinner with my wonderful girls.
    Its a little bit like when your teenagers grow up and leave home LOL
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    After a few years of always trying to hide my carb belly, it was very nice to put on trousers, tucking my crisp shirt, fasten that belt.
    Yes, I'm enjoying being able to dress without camouflage around the middle. Tuck it in and wear a belt with a pretty buckle for an accent even.

bonewoman is offline Junior Member
    Gwinnett/Walton County Georgia (1 hour north and eat of Atlanta)
    Quote Originally Posted by janagram View Post
    I love all you primal folks, but I wanna read a journal of someone over 50!! A female. To see what you all have accomplished later in life! We can do it!
    Recently joined the forum, and joined CrossFit today. I plan on keeping a journal, but have yet to figure out how to access / create one here. Any help will be appreciated.

me jane is offline Senior Member
    I think there is a forum just for posting journals. It seems like one person starts their own journal thread, then just keeps adding to that same thread every day. So, the threads seem to get very very long. People don't seem to start a new thread every day.

Cletc is offline Member
    Hi Ladies, I'm new
    I was supposed to be new last week or so, but have been reading so much on the internet about fat loss and nutrition I lost my way.
    So I think I'll mentally consider June 1st my Primal Beginning.
    I'll start now, but it's an "easy" date for me to remember.

I weight in on Easter at 135
    Nov.2009 I weight 116 (I remember weighing myself around Thanksgiving)

So I figure the extra 20 is Fat that can go.

I don't even know how many calories to eat.
    And I have to log and count --- at least the macro gra,s. I need to have a goal and guide.

No idea what to eat today.
    My head is spinning over all this.

But if I don't have a meal plan, I'll eat the wrong things.
    I will not "think" I'm hungry, but one nibble of some simple carb snack (crackers, junk) and I will overeat it by a lot
    So then I think, ah, I guess I was hungry and didn't know it
    :-)

So, I don't know what to do, where to begin.

I think I should exercise more, eat more veggies.

I have a lot of "individual fish filets" in the freezer so I 'll begin with those for meats.

Advice welcomed and requested.

Thanks!

Cletc is offline Member
    Have a good day today !

Digby is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletc View Post
    Hi Ladies, I'm new
    I was supposed to be new last week or so, but have been reading so much on the internet about fat loss and nutrition I lost my way.
    So I think I'll mentally consider June 1st my Primal Beginning.
    I'll start now, but it's an "easy" date for me to remember.

I weight in on Easter at 135
    Nov.2009 I weight 116 (I remember weighing myself around Thanksgiving)

So I figure the extra 20 is Fat that can go.

I don't even know how many calories to eat.
    And I have to log and count --- at least the macro gra,s. I need to have a goal and guide.

No idea what to eat today.
    My head is spinning over all this.

But if I don't have a meal plan, I'll eat the wrong things.
    I will not "think" I'm hungry, but one nibble of some simple carb snack (crackers, junk) and I will overeat it by a lot
    So then I think, ah, I guess I was hungry and didn't know it
    :-)

So, I don't know what to do, where to begin.

I think I should exercise more, eat more veggies.

I have a lot of "individual fish filets" in the freezer so I 'll begin with those for meats.

Advice welcomed and requested.

Thanks!
    Hi CLetc! If you don't have the Primal Blueprint, that's a good start; or download the essence of the book free on the front blog page. Also, keep up with Mark's daily posts which are filled with valuable information. Lots of people journal here, I journal but not on mda, but I believe it's important to keep track. Also, I use Livestrong to track food and nutritents; others use fitday, and various programs. If you search on this site you will find anything, and everything, you need to know. Hope to see you around. This is a great woe, and I just wish I had discovered earlier in life. What you do now affects the quality of your life later on, so smart move on your part. : )
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast