Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana page

jasonph is offline Senior Member

Marijuana

Shop Now
    Where does it fit into Primal for you? Does it?
    (I know there was a thread about this, but it pretty quickly devolved).

Grizz is offline Banned
    I went through HELL to quit smoking cigarettes, and there is NO WAY I'm going to get addicted to smoking anything else.

Marijuana does not fit into the Primal Blueprint at all.

Grizz

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    I went through HELL to quit smoking cigarettes, and there is NO WAY I'm going to get addicted to smoking anything else.
    LOL, comparing Marijuana to Nicotine. You admit that you never smoke pot, but you don't need to, it is completely obvious from your remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Marijuana does not fit into the Primal Blueprint at all.
    Marijuana is a Medicinal Herb and it sits atop the primal food pyramid (use sparingly.) It is no more or less primal than thyme, lavender, parsley, basil and rosemary.

Oh, and by the way Grizz, you don't have to smoke it. You are meant to eat it just like you do all other herbs.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Another thread on this?
    I'll have a couple of cigars a year. I haven't smoked pot but it doesn't bother me - I don't mind when others do.
    If you consider it primal, hooray. You're not going to convince anyone here who doesn't jive on it.

Yes it should be decriminalized and hemp is a fantastic fiber.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    I used to smoke it a lot but it started making me paranoid and depressed. Not sure if that was because I started using other harder drugs around the same time, but it started to make me feel mentally ill.
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    I have smoked pot twice (years ago) and neither time was enjoyable. I am not against it, but it doesn't work for me.

jasonph is offline Senior Member
    Carl: Yeah, I was just curious to see what other people thought. The other thread got ugly, fast.
    Grok, chill.
    Grizz, I've never seen nor heard of anyone getting physically addicted. Emotionally, it happens occasionally.

I only ask because, in the past few weeks, I've experimented, for the first few times. And it seems to me that 'Grok' probably participated, in some cultures, in psychoactive drug use. I'm curious, are there any books/resources on drug use in humans, dealing with the history and evolutionary aspect?

Why do you say it doesn't fit, Grizz?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    I used to smoke it a lot but it started making me paranoid and depressed. Not sure if that was because I started using other harder drugs around the same time, but it started to make me feel mentally ill.
    I've never done any other drug besides marijuana (which I hate to call a drug, do people consider mushrooms to be drugs? that's also silly) never touched mushrooms, cocaine, opiates, acid, X, nothing nothing nothing at all besides marijuana. I would attribute your feelings to the other drugs only somewhat as I did experience some depression and stuff as a result of smoking weed. The depression was because I was putting other things first I guess, and also because I was eating things I wouldn't normally eat.

Anyway, NOBODY can make an argument for or against whether it "fits" into the Primal Blueprint except it's author, and I really doubt Sisson would go anywhere near that debate (perhaps for fear of losing customers, and I'm not trying to make Mark out to be nothing but a salesman, but at the end of the day he's making a living through this, which I have no problem with at all since his advice is top-notch)

Does it fit into MY life? I believe it does if I watch myself. Everybody's different. Everyone will react to things differently. We cannot go on making blanket statements as to whether things should or should not be allowed, permitted or accepted into OTHER people's lifestyles, we can only do that for ourselves, and perhaps our children or something like that.

I've not smoked in a while, but I do think I will resume once I'm done with whole30 but not to escape or anything like that, and I will make some guidelines for myself much like I do with food (think of it as an 80/20 thing... or a 4/20 thing? hah, sorry) and I'll make sure to evaluate how I'm doing and if I start showing signs of relapsing into chronic use then I'll take another break. My plan is to not go back to daily smoking, but keep it at a twice a week thing, and only if I don't have to sacrifice social outings, family time, girlfriend time, etc in order to smoke. I basically will never place it in front of anybody or anything else ever again. Saying I'll "try" not to is bullshit because it allows me to do whatever I want. Saying I flat out won't is better for me.

I don't think this thread can end well when people have such wild opinions about it. It's really just a personal thing, a personal choice. Whether it fits into being primal or not I think is completely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonph View Post
    Carl: Yeah, I was just curious to see what other people thought. The other thread got ugly, fast.
    Grok, chill.
    Grizz, I've never seen nor heard of anyone getting physically addicted. Emotionally, it happens occasionally.

I only ask because, in the past few weeks, I've experimented, for the first few times. And it seems to me that 'Grok' probably participated, in some cultures, in psychoactive drug use. I'm curious, are there any books/resources on drug use in humans, dealing with the history and evolutionary aspect?

Why do you say it doesn't fit, Grizz?
    You may have seen this, but in case you haven't :

Look how far back medicinal usage dates. I actually wouldn't make the argument that weed is medicine, it never really was from me because I've never been sick (it only would have been medicine if I had no appetite! it definitely "cures" that) but it is beneficial to others as medicine, however, I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone that used marijuana as medicine that was NOT a fan of getting high as a thing on it's own.
    Last edited by iniQuity; 12-03-2010 at 02:37 PM.

this is part two

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast