Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natural fungal/Athlete's Foot remedy page

chronyx is offline Senior Member

Natural fungal/Athlete's Foot remedy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have a fungal-looking patch of skin on bot big toes. It is flaky and has that delightfully familiar cheesey odour. Lovely eh?

I'd rather try something natural before the commercial sprays and powders.

Any suggestions welcome.

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    baking soda. if your skin is too sensitive to handle it directly, you can soak your foot in a solution (no real amounts, just make it strong... baking soda is cheap anyway).

Baking soda creates an environment that fungus cannot grow in.

In combination, try to keep cheats to a minimum or go without them until it is gone... specifically VLC or ZC. Even with creating a hostile external environment, it can survive as long as it's fed, and it survives on sugar.

lcme is offline Senior Member
    Also, when not soaking keep your foot as dry as possible. Keep the foot as exposed to air as possible, without contaminating surfaces with the fungus. Wear flip flips in the shower so that you don't re-contract it from yourself. If you are someone that gets sweaty slightly wet feet during the day, then consider changing your socks halfway. Wash all socks on HOT until the problem has cleared up completely.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Tea tree oil. Unlike the creams and stuff, bacteria and fungus can't adapt to it. I had athlete's foot years ago and it was the only thing that got rid of it permanently.

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    Ok, I wasnt going to say this, but I know that it has worked for MANY people

Pee on it, 1-2 times a day, suppose to be cleared up in a week, suppose to be peed on by the owner of the fungus

But I also know that Tee Tree oil works for TONS of skin issues especially fungus related
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Rub natural oil into your feet every morning. I use Grapeseed oil. However you can also use Coconut oil.

Your feet and toenails will soon be as nice as baby feet.

Grizz

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    yes, yes. +1 to all above.

(I've never heard of the peeing thing, but it doesn't seem that far-fetched to me, and it certainly couldn't hurt anything. Fortunately, the fungus is on his foot, not on his face. heeheeh.)

baking soda = excellent, externally as well as internally.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil is another natural antifungal.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i've heard the pee and tea tree oil...and i suppose they work. i haven't tried it, but i've read that shoving garlic between your toes and squeezing them together is a pretty good cure.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    After washing, coat your feet with coconut oil. Wear clean socks, of course. Tea tree oil works but some can't handle it. Also, the coconut oil smells better when you are in company. Actually it even smells better when you are alone too.

Some have success with coating their feet with vaseline before bed and wearing clean cotton socks every night.

Crushed garlic rubbed on your feet and between the toes is good too, but like the tea tree oil, it can cause problems for some people. Any other anti-fungal would be good.

Never heard of the pee deal. Do you carry a bottle with you during the day for fresh applications?

How do you get through TSA?
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast