Thread: addicted to milk... page

FergalJennings is offline Senior Member

addicted to milk...

So from being underweight i've became addicted to milk..lol For the good its put weight on pretty quick and im having no problems with it..but im trying to get off it again...but i cant! anyone had the same problem?

also im drinking more coffee than normal..whats goin on lol

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Just start trying out almond milk and/or coconut milk...see if you can wean yourself off the cow juice instead of going cold turkey.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Milk, like grains (but to lesser extent), activates the same pleasure centers in the brain as do opiates -- so yes, you very well could be addicted. As with any addiction, you'll need to set your will and plan your tactics to break free, but it can be done.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, I did not come here to tout Bee Wilder's Natural Healing program, but it seems to answer concerns I'm reading here as I explore this forum.

As BarbeyGirl wrote, you've created an "addiction" and Bee gives ways to combat those "cravings" while you break them, so it does not necessarily have to be a battle of the wills (yours against the nasty carb sugars).

Check out her suggestion here (which I've used and been successful with) http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/help3.php

Karen, who came here to get some eating ideas!

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by it1958 View Post
    Honestly, I did not come here to tout Bee Wilder's Natural Healing program, but it seems to answer concerns I'm reading here as I explore this forum.

!
    Hmm.. are you sure about that? you've managed to link that website in every post you've made so far.

billman89 is offline Member
    If the milk is raw and whole... whats the big deal?

You could start kefiring it if it's pasturized.

Not so sure about Bee Wilder's advice on anything.

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Milk is an issue for me too- opiates, lactose, fat..... yum! However it also makes me wheeze and gives me stomach aches. I do my best to stay off it but do have slips. I find having alternative "treats" handy for the detox days useful- what do you enjoy? For me, steak (of course LOL), some yummy fruit that I don't usually eat too often, like mango or pineapple.

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    Hmm.. are you sure about that? you've managed to link that website in every post you've made so far.
    I know! But it was not deliberate, i swear!

Billman89, people can only try and see what works for them. I know Bee's pgm has worked for me. I read some articles on the Perfect Health Diet and saw the concerns for scurvy because of Vit C deficiency... Bee continues to do research and alters her program so as to be up-to-date and the best it can be. For those suffering from Candidiasis, she has just recently removed nuts (properly prepared) from the OK food list. And while it does sound like a long time to be on her pgm, most of us have eaten a horrid diet for many years and our bodies need the time to completely heal. And then, like I'm assuming most of you here on this forum believe, it is not to go back to our previous ways of eating. She does promote fruits and dairy once you're healed but never grains again...

Karen

FergalJennings is offline Senior Member
    To be honest ive been eating fruit like a mad man too lol i've been craving bad food more now and try and curb it with fruit. Though im fairly active and its usually berries..i find it ok..

same with the milk though...i usually end up stinking the place out ! haha

though i had some coconut milk over some berries insead of reaching for the milk which was hard..just gotta fight it!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yup, fill up on fat instead of sugar (milk and fruit, in your case) and the cravings will stop in a week or two. Hang in there!
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid