Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Causes for chronic nausea? page

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member

Causes for chronic nausea?

So I've always had a sensitive system/body, but since I went primal (mid july) I've noticed I have a LOT of nausea sporadically (I haven't found a common thread yet), and I have thrown up three times, not from illness.

I'm trying to figure out the causes and the two things that changed around that time are that I went primal, and that we moved to Texas from Virginia for me to attend graduate school. My aunt (a retired nursing professor) suggested that it could be stress induced, but I'm honestly less stressed here than I was in Virginia.

In case you're wondering, my meals consist of eggs for breakfast with either a fruit or veggie, leftovers for lunch or a different variation of breakfast, and dinner is always an animal protein with a veggie on the side (or a meat/veggie dish like beef stew, or cauli casserole). There are other variants in my diet (occasional nut flour products, whey smoothies, or greek yogurt, but sometimes I'll go more than a week without some of these).

So, anyone have ideas about what could be causing this?

lizch is offline Senior Member
    What are you drinking?
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Water, mint tea, and some black tea with heavy cream.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Any supplements?
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I don't know, but I just wanted to say that the same thing happened to me. I had low-grade nausea for months when I first began, but it has now passed. Now that I think about it, I haven't been nauseous in some time.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

I didn't use to to take any (when I felt fine before the move). After the move I started feeling nausea/throwing up some, a month or so later my mom gifted me with a multi vitamin, vitamin D, and krill oil. I stopped taking the multi because I thought it might be making my nausea worse, but it didn't help, I can't tell a difference when I supplement or when I don't.

So no thoughts really?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I think some people get nausea from eating eggs. Have you tried avoiding eggs for a few days?

periquin is offline Senior Member
    I bring this up so often. I almost hate to do it. People will begin to believe that I blame all the world's ills on fungus. Not so. But nausea is a sign of fungus die-off. The Primal Blueprint plan is actually a good anti fungal diet. Perhaps you are experiencing a fungal cleansing.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

FMN
    FMN is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That is really interesting periquin. I am glad you brought it up! I'm also wondering about the eggs as jammies is. I have been avoiding eggs for a few weeks now, but this morning I decided to try a few bites. For the first time in many days, my stomach was upset. I don't really know if the eggs were the cause, and I really hope not, but I am eying them with suspicion!
    www.chowstalker.com We don't do cupcakes.
    www.desserrtstalker.com We still don't do cupcakes.
    http://followingmynose.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast