Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark vs Tony Horton - Ultimate Fit-Off!!!!! page

DaddyMonkey is offline Junior Member

Mark vs Tony Horton - Ultimate Fit-Off!!!!!

Primal Fuel
    Mark,

Just saw this, would love your take on it...

http://teambeachbody.com/about/newsl...i/195#80357550

Cheers!

jimmy

Cavebot 3.0 is offline Senior Member
    It advocates a vegetarian diet, incuding non-wheat grains, tofu, and beans... and seems to be of the calories in, calories out mindset. Not very Primal. That website raises some other red flags with me too, I won't get into that though.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    I had a vegan tell me that in order to to eat tofu you need to give your body an adjustment period to get used to trying to digest it; if this is true it should be red flag that you probably don't want to eat it....plus it looks like a sponge *blech*
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I had to "unlike" Beach Body on FB b/c they kept posting nutritional advise that I thought was really off base. I love Tony as a trainer, don't like him for his nutrition.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    How ironic is it there is a recipe for apple-raisin coffee cake three posts down from talking about cutting out sugar?

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, that makes it hard to take anything on that page seriously. Cut out sugar! Oh, and put 3/4 cup of sugar in this awesome recipe!!

979roadrunner is offline Senior Member
    His workouts are pretty much bodybuilder inspired split routines, too, rather than total body workouts
    I'm not old, I'm Vintage!

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMonkey View Post
    Mark,

Just saw this, would love your take on it...

http://teambeachbody.com/about/newsl...i/195#80357550

jimmy

At first I thought you said Mark VS Tim Horton. That was funny! Although perhaps only Canadians would get the irony of it!

Also, I love how he says you have to cut out gluten and then in the same blog post he puts a recipie for Coffee cake that has "whole Grain" flour. Rather short attention span to put those two posts in the same newsletter.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Karma; 12-06-2010 at 10:11 PM.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Mark wins hands down. His body is more natural looking with a lot less work. P90X is great for someone looking to 'get into' shape. But to do only regular maintenance type workouts, Mark is awesome.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    tim horton. i ahven't thought of that in years. who makes a value meal of a bread bowl of soup, plus coffee and doughnut?

also, trained a kid once--a hockey player in the minor leagues--and he was going on and on about this great coffee that they have in canada, better than anywhere, and my husband is quite the coffee snob, and so they had a chat, and my husbnad goes "so, what is it called? maybe i can order some." and the kid goes "Tim Hortons!" DH and I really did try not to laugh, godblesshim.

anyway, i liked the 10 minute fitness videos. they were hard, and great when i was post partum. i mean, the max time you have in those first few weeks is about 10 minutes. so, i would do three a day, when i had the energy and 10 minutes to do it. thought it was great.

i never follow the various diet plans, and sure as hell wasn't going to do so while breastfeeding. no sub caloric then. i've never done p90x, but a lot of my friends love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast