Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Made Bacon Soap Today!

I Made Bacon Soap Today!

Shop Now
    We have been collecting and saving bacon grease and have way more than we could possibly eat stored up in the refrigerator. Today I took out about a pound of bacon grease and turned it into soap. I have tried uploading some pictures of the process - hope this works! It was fun. Can't wait to see the looks on people's faces when they get bars of bacon soap for Christmas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

cool idea. btw, the pictures didn't work. just remember not to give these to any muslims or jews.

That's the best thread subject I've read in a while. I tell you, at this rate, bacon's going to become more ubiquitous than the ipod.

this makes me want to start making soap again ha

does it have a scent or did the smell get burned off?

Quote Originally Posted by racingsnake View Post
    That's the best thread subject I've read in a while. I tell you, at this rate, bacon's going to become more ubiquitous than the ipod.
    HAHAHAHA I have been spreading some serious bacon love around my campus lately; I've become the snake-oil salesman of bacon essentially
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

i fully endorse this product and/or service

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

The pictures of bacon grease finally got approved! As far as the scent goes, it sure smelled like bacon when I melted the fat. However I caved and added some eucaplyptus, lavendar, and tea tree oils to turn it into deodorant soap. I have no need to use deodorants when I wash with homemade soap made with those essential oils. I didn't really want to go around smelling like bacon (at least any more than I already do!).

BTW, that is actualy 2.75 lbs of bacon grease in that picture. That is 1250 grams of bacon fat - which is 1.25 kg x 2.2 = 2.75 lbs.

This is just full of Awesomeness

Shop Now
    Very cool!

Barb... your bacon fat looks MUCH more "clean" and pure than mine. Any tips??
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid