Thread: High levels of phosphate page

sarahz is offline Senior Member

High levels of phosphate

Had some blood work back from my doctor and my phosphate levels were high. He decided he wasn't overly worried as I was active and healthy, and said it could be from something in my supplements. I don't think it is because the only supps I am taking are Vit E, Vit D, fish oil and greens. Am I right in thinking phosphate is the same or similiar to uric acid levels in the body because every time I have blood work done I have a high acidity level or phosphate level. I eat primally so I'm not sure what this means?

Brian M is offline Junior Member
    High levels of exercise can cause high phosphate levels in blood tests. Also, taking high levels of Vid D can cause blood to show high in phosphate levels. There are other things that can cause a high test result, but if your doctor isn't worried and you don't have any apparent symptoms of illness, I would just keep an eye on things and assume it's one of those two things.
    Last edited by Brian M; 12-02-2010 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Clarification

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well I have been an avid exerciser but have tried to calm in down since going primal so I would assume it is that. I have only been taking the Vit D for a couple of weeks and have had this in my blood tests for way longer than this. So it must be the exercise then.