Thread: intro page

thecarla is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

I serendipitously found this site and love it. I have always had a problem with too many carbs, but was never successful on a high protein diet. Now I know the right way to do all this.

I have also discovered more interesting ways to workout imagining myself all paleo.

I have a challenge in that I have renal failure and was worried about changing my diet to primal. But now I know the right way to do it. I believe this will only help to preserve the kidney function I still have, especially since I learned that fructose and insulin are damaging to the kidney and blood vessels.

I find the stories here very enlightening and enjoyable. I would like to communicate with others who may impaired renal function who are doing the primal lifestyle. I also have a lot of weight to lose (I have already lost 11 pounds). I did this eating eating bacon and eggs, all kinds of meat, dairy, nuts and fruit. It sure beats starving.

Chunster495 is offline Member

I'm not all that familiar with renal failure... but perhaps you can enlighten us a bit,... do you have to modify your carb intake so that your kidney won't be further damaged? Perhaps consuming a bit more carbs/drinking more water? Or can you just eat the primal way as suggested and is that the correct way to eat even if you have renal failure?

ohiolopez is offline Junior Member

PrimalCon New York

If you need a "pick me up" please drop me a line at

ohiolopez@gmail.com