Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caveman cache page

periquin is offline Senior Member

Caveman cache

Primal Fuel
    I started a thread earlier about a decent cache.

Found this article on the internet.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/cuthbert/cuthbert13.1.html
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    At this point I am still carrying a pretty good cache around with me everywhere I go.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    At this point I am still carrying a pretty good cache around with me everywhere I go.
    LOL, me too unfortunately.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the link. I'm sure most people here are completely unaware of the massive inflation that is about to hit them.

Food inflation in China is currently running at 10% and this is because China is importing our inflation. Just think how bad the inflation will be here when China finally comes to their senses and decides to stop printing Yuan to buy our debts.

I'm watching the commodity markets closely and prices are soaring, especially in the silver markets. [1]

[1] Silver Prices
    Last edited by Grok; 12-02-2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Add reference link to silver prices

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    good idea to start getting into a local, community garden, get to know some good farmers (who have pastures), and get into the cow shares now.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Probably a good idea to grow a few things of your own no matter what the economy, also, learn what is growing free in the woods and around town. For example, I could gather a lot of persimmons from the court house lawn and about two bushels of pecans from the main street of my town. I'm not greedy though and just take half a bushel and leave some for the other 'gleaners'. Besides I have access to a tree of my own in the lot abutting mine. The owner doesn't want the pecans and hates having to clean up his yard.

Point is, I guess, there is free food in the woods and also in many of the weeds around town and it isn't hard to grow a bit of something yourself. If no ground, try a self watering container from two five gallon buckets, a plastic cup, some tubing and dirt--of course, seeds too.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Grok is offline Senior Member

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Thanks for the link. I'm sure most people here are completely unaware of the massive inflation that is about to hit them.

Food inflation in China is currently running at 10% and this is because China is importing our inflation. Just think how bad the inflation will be here when China finally comes to their senses and decides to stop printing Yuan to buy our debts.

[1] Silver Prices
    I agree with you times 1,000,000. Everytime I have to buy groceries, I have a tiny anuerism.
    Georgette

JenCat is offline Senior Member
    We've been into the food storage thing for about a year now. Most of it is CW grains and such, though. The kids won't starve if things get really bad. We have some type of bars with 2,000 calories for the grown ups. We have quite a bit of stuff that is long-term storage (10 years or more). Now every time we go to the store, we grab a few extra cans of chili, fruit, coconut milk, etc. - whatever is on sale. My 12-year old is into gardening. We're getting him a cold frame this year. He's already started his seeds. We're enlarging his plot as much as we can. (We have a really small yard.) It's nice to know that, whatever happens, we'll be okay.

JenCat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We also have a freezer full of grass-fed beef. We really should get some more soon.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast