Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Help Me With Stage 3 Adrenal Fatigue page

hannahm34 is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I did an adrenal test with Sean Croxton of underground wellness, and he has concluded that I have stage 3 adrenal fatigue. He prompted me to stop all exercise except walking. This is going to KILL me! I live to do weights and body circuits. Any advice or opinions on stage 3 adrenal fatigue would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone has had stage 3....how long did it take you to recover and how did you do it?

Depressed....... =(

grandma is offline Member

Forgive me for my ignorance --- is this a real condition? I went to the underground wellness site and it seemed a little fishy to me. A little googleing pooped up lots of people selling products to cure this ailment. Red flags went up for me, but I'm naturally skeptical of everything.

Perhaps you are over-training. Maybe if you post your workouts people here can help. Presumably you had the test done because you are feeling tired, folks here can give you some advice on how to optimize your diet and exercise.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

62shelby Guest

hannah, curious as to what he considers stage 3? or even 1 and 2? grandma, adrenal fatigue is a real condition though not recognized by cw medicine, which doesnt mean anything. people can be hypoT and not be diagnosed by some gp's because their blood work is 'normal' there are other threads dedicated to this particular topic.

the only way that eating primally will help any

is that the amount of saturated fats in this way of eating will aid hormone production. stay away from stimulants altogether ie alcohol and caffeine. get rest, walking and yoga, good combo. try and sleep as much as you can. its a long haul out.

Thanks for the advice. I really don't have all that bad of symptoms compared to what most people feel like in stage 3.....I have: No Sex drive, awake after 8 hours sleep and don't feel really rested, moody, irritable, loss of period for over 9 months, recent 10 pound weight gain.

62Shelby....Do I really need to cut out the weights? Did you take any supplements to help you??

62shelby Guest

did you have cortisol levels checked? any saliva or acth testing? does he do that or was it just a series of questions? any exercise that puts the hr up is stressing the adrenals, so you need to keep cortisol levels down. its up to you and how you feel though I can understand how hard it is to give it a rest for a while.

as for supplements, adrenal cortex supplement might help, some amino acids and vit b's. there are a few websites outlining what can support as well. what youre describing sounds a bit thyroid as well.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member

What sort of adrenal test did you do. Perhaps you are only stage 2?

"Stage 1

The first stage, which is called hyper-adrenalism, is characterised by abnormally high cortisol levels and subnormal DHEA levels. With the high cortisol levels you may still have energy, perhaps too much, and you may not be sleeping well or restfully. You may be losing muscle mass because cortisol cannibalises muscle for energy resulting in weakness. It may also cause moon face and weight gain around the trunk as well as fluid retention and glucose intolerance. Cortisol decreases serotonin levels which may cause depression, it also decreases melatonin levels which adds to poor sleep. It is also immunosuppressive which may result in frequent infections and illness. High cortisol can cause hot flushes in women which is often considered only an estrogen deficient symptom. Sugar cravings, confusion and muscle weakness may also occur.

Stage 2

Stage 2 is where cortisol supplies have finally run low but have not run out yet. For a year or so cortisol and DHEA will hover in the low-normal range leaving you feeling tired and stressed, but functional.

Stage 3

Stage 3 is where cortisol and DHEA levels are low for most of the day leaving you with low energy levels. Common signs and symptoms of adrenal exhaustion include: inability to tolerate exercise, depression, dark circles under the eyes, lack of mental alertness, headaches, oedema, salt and/or sugar cravings, feeling tired all the time, mentally and emotionally overstressed, light headedness, heartburn, low blood pressure, recurrent infections and trouble sleeping.

Testing for Adrenal Fatigue

In order to determine which stage adrenal fatigue you are in and therefore what is the most appropriate treatment you will need some testing. We recommend either a saliva test measuring levels four times throughout the day or alternatively a serum DHEA-S blood test in conjunction with a 24hr urine cortisol test. Thyroid testing (T3, T4, reverse T3) is also highly recommended as adrenal fatigue may result with thyroid imbalances which further complicate fatigue symptoms."

http://www.custommedicine.com.au/adrenal/

He did saliva tests with me. Said it was stage 3.

My cortisol results were:

morning: 8.8

noon: 6.1

evening: 3.3

Night: 2.6

Cortisol sum: 20.8

DHEA-S AVG: 4.73

Total Cortisol/DHEA-S Ratio: 4.4

SAlivary Estradiol: 1.7

Salivary Estriol: 1.3

Salivary Progesterone: 34

Testosterone (AM): 46.7

Melatonin (PM): 17.7

ANother doctor (fertility doctor) said my thyroid levels were fine. Should I be concerned about thyroid? Would it be hyper or hypo?

I don't feel all that bad though in general.

Not lethargic or anything.

I am desperate for help, I can't keep paying Sean to run more tests. Any more advice on supplements and recovery is greatly appreciated. =)

Thanks in advance

62shelby Guest

check your body temperature to be sure, if youre posting sub 98 regularly then thyroid might be playing into it, even if youre 'normal', blood work doesnt tell the whole story, symptomology is required as well.

62shelby Guest

and p.s wouldnt recommend intermittent fasting in your fatigued state, it doesnt work and can make things worse.

Thanks for your input.....does anyone else have experience with adrenal fatigue?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast