Hi everyone. This is one of my first times posting on these forums but I have been a long time lurker. Here is my story:

I found out about the Primal diet a little over a year ago. It was part of a process of trying to find out why I was sick and tired pretty much all the time. I have struggled with depression for 4-5 years, and general exhaustion. I had several years of terrible diet. For most of this time I was either underweight or at a healthy weight for me, but I still had a lot of flab and low muscle tone. At one point I did gain about 20 lbs though during a particularly stressful time. (I got married, moved to a new city and started a new job that I hated). I lost this weight simply by cutting calories and had just reached a healthy weight when I found out I was pregnant with my son. Over the course of the pregnancy I ate a conventional "healthy" diet. I thought I was doing well, but I had all sorts of bad pregnancy issues, the primary one being that I couldn't get off the couch. I also had a lot of pain in my hip bones.

Over the course of the next year my health got worse and worse. I found out that breastfeeding can deplete your body of nutrients even more than pregnancy. (something that LLL doesn't tell you) I started getting sick every 3 weeks for 2 weeks. I spent almost the entire winter sick with either stomach or head flu type symptoms. This made me really start researching and I discovered Mark's Daily Apple and the Weston Price Foundation. I began to suspect that I was suffering from pretty bad adrenal fatigue and nutritional depletion.

I also had a bad breast infection that led to me being put on 3 different antibiotics. I have had hives, yeast infections etc ever since.

I had been eating mostly Primal for about a year and had been experiencing slow improvement when I found out I was pregnant again. This is probably too early for my body to be ready for it and I am very concerned that I am not going to be able to keep up nutritionally. The first 12 weeks I had terrible morning sickness and cheated a lot with the grains and sugars. I kept telling myself that I would clean up my act once second trimester hit, but now that second trimester is here I have discovered that I am super addicted to all of the carbs.

The purpose of this journal is to try to get back on track and rededicate myself. I would really appreciate any advice from anyone here that has experienced any of these challenges.