Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: coconut water page

Saoirse is online now Senior Member

coconut water

Primal Fuel
    yeah, i know it's high in sugar (16 g per 16 oz) and low in fat and protein, but does anyone know about the micro-nutrients in coconut water? i used to hate the taste of this, but now i crave it. i doubt it's strictly a carb/sugar craving, because i'm not overtly restricting my carbs or sugar, and i'm not really craving carbs in general. anyway, just curious if anyone has input on this.

erikJ is offline Senior Member
    its a great source of electrolytes. Great for post workout rehydration. I think its got a bit of potassium in it too, but not sure.
    Make sure its coconut water and not that juice stuff, Thats got other junk added to it. 16 carbs post exercise doesn't seem like that much, maybe just refrain from it the rest of the day. Good reason to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by erikJ View Post
    Good reason to work out.
    lol, good point! and it's just coconut water, nothing added.

MollyCat is offline Member
    that sounds delish! Im looking for a post workout drink as Im often not hungry after I work out and am avoiding protein shakes. Where do you find coconut water? I can only seem to find the juice stuff and I know thats no good
    If Someone was following in your footsteps, where would you be leading them?

periquin is offline Senior Member
    The best place to find unadulterated coconut water is inside a coconut. Shake a coconut before buying to assess the amount of water. A green coconut will have beaucoup water.

Usually the coconut water in health food stores has adulterants that I wouldn't want.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MollyCat View Post
    that sounds delish! Im looking for a post workout drink as Im often not hungry after I work out and am avoiding protein shakes. Where do you find coconut water? I can only seem to find the juice stuff and I know thats no good
    At Raley's you can find it in the health food section. C2O is a good brand, I also like O.N.E.

Last edited by Grok; 12-02-2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Link to another image, art supply warehouse is totally lame don't do business with them

[QUOTE=Grok;278447]At Raley's you can find it in the health food section. C2O is a good brand, I also like O.N.E.

i like o.n.e as well. certainly not as healthy as fresh coconut water, but it is just coconut water, nothing added (if you buy "plain"; that company has other flavors with stuff added). if you can't find the plain, then request it at whatever store carries the flavored stuff.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 12-07-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Blah that stupid art supply warehouse removed my image, how lame.

DIESEL is offline Junior Member
    I get Vita Coco 100% pure coconut water from Amazon delivered to the house ever two months. It's high in potassium, free of fat, cholesterol, and sugar; low in acidity. It also contains five essential electrolytes--potassium, magnesium, calcium, sodium, and phosphorous. I drink one every day after my workout and it taste great... nothing like coconut (not a big fan of the flavor of coconut).

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    Cocnut water has replaced my almond milk in my shakes. I use coconut water.whey protien powder, shredded coconut & ice. last week I had leftover canned pumpkin, & added a scoop of that +cinnamon+nutmeg & had a "pumkin pie shake" try it!
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast