Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fats...do you use real butter? page

mommy2three is offline Member

fats...do you use real butter?

Primal Fuel
    I got a stupid question. I am new so bare with me here. I read a lot that you should eat fat right? Well, I get leaving the skin on the chicken (yummy) and cooking in olive oil or canala oil but what is up with butter. Should we use real butter or tub butter stuff? I was using a olive oil based butter with sea salt but to expensive but I am afraid of going back to margin in a tub thing.....is that okay? or should I go for real butter? Or does it even matter? Thank you!

jasonmh is offline Member
    I go for real butter, many "tub butters" have other things added to them.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    The tub butters are pretty much vegetable oils that we shun those around here. You won't find anyone around here that will tell you that those things are a good idea.
    One thing that I do to get a butter taste but to be just shred lighter is to use some butter and then mix it with some regular olive oil or EVOO.

lcme is offline Senior Member
    Technically it is not really butter if there are more ingredients than cream and salt (or other spices).

They have to do freaky things to the oils that make up "tub" butters, which are technically mostly margarine. An olive oil butter would also be a margarine as well.

Go for the real thing! Just buy the sticks of butter, unsalted is best, and check that the ingredients all come from a cow. haha

stable31 is offline Member
    Watch out for the canola oil as well. Real foods, real fats, basis of PB.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If you buy the tub stuff because it's easier to use, put the sticks of real butter in the blender or mixer for a while, until fluffy. Scoop it into a resealable bowl/ tub, and use that.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jasonmh is offline Member
    There is a really good comparison of different kinds of fats and oils in the book "Cereal Killer" by Alan Watson, I found it interesting.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    The tub butter is not butter. It's vegetable oil. VERY bad for you.

Buy and eat REAL BUTTER.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

grokka is offline Senior Member
    Real buttah! kerrygold is a good brand if you can find it. and canola oil is nasty stuff.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Butter! Of course real butter! Also, you should use animal fat (lard), coconut oil, and olive oil. Stay away from those vegetable oils, they are bad stuff. I only have it when I eat out, which is 1 or 2 times a week (usually weekends), and then I'm not even sure if the vegetable oils are always used (and sometimes im optimistic they use butter)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast