Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eating out page

soul74 is offline Junior Member

eating out

Shop Now
    any advice for when you are eating out at a resturant????..what should you do if the menu isn't primal?? and is it ok to "cheat" every now and then?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    dude, run a few searches, all your questions have been answered many many times. However, to answer you now, you should just try to make the best choices you can given the situation. I personally always choose something with meat in it, and (if I feel like it) ask for veggies instead of whatever it comes with. It's okay to cheat as well.

But seriously, I know you're new, but use the search feature.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    You'll probably have your membership revoked.

Just kidding. You can either write it off as your 20% or aim to be as primal as possible. Look for grilled steak salads, or cobb salads, or steak with a side of steamed veggies, etc. Just do what you can and don't sweat the rest.

erica057 is offline Senior Member
    Meat and a salad.
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

lol i know i am asking a lot of questions but I am new to this forum/website so that's the only way I'll find the answers and besides i am looking at the search features and blogs as we speak.

iniQuity u sounded a little irritated by the questions i was asking..just trying to get a foot hold on this lifestyle that's all.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Eating out isn't a big deal. I don't understand why it causes so many people to freak. Meat and veggies. Most places, even if they don't serve steak (like my favorite pizza place), they at least serve salad. Even fast food places serve those.

Just try to stick to the plan as best you can. Special order items if you must- "I'd like the haddock, but can I have it broiled? or without breading?" Stuff like that.

I went to breakfast with my family the other morning. Not a Primal diner AT ALL. Still managed to get myself steak and eggs, ditched the pancake/french toast option in exchange for a side of bacon. Veggies were decidedly lacking on the menu. Could have done with a fruit cup but I don't care much for restaurant fruit.

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    I tell the waitress/waiter that I am deathly allergic to any type of grains. Once you get used to the looks, its pretty cool. If you want to cheat thata all in your head. You dont need to. Most resteraunts are used to "gluten free" tell them that & ask to substitute rice with extra veggies. I have not eaten a grain in over 8 months. It all in your mind.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    breakfast is always another option. eggs & bacon are always good!
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soul74 View Post
    iniQuity u sounded a little irritated by the questions i was asking..just trying to get a foot hold on this lifestyle that's all.
    I didn't mean to sound irritated, I've just been on the forums for quite a while and have seen many new folks ask the same things. That's why I suggested searching first, chances are somebody's already asked the questions you have floating in your head is all I'm saying.

I just tried using the search for your question and didn't get any good hits so I guess I have to say I'm sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast