Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on grooming? page

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member

Thoughts on grooming?

Primal Fuel
    So on one of the 'no shampoo' threads on here the discussion wondered towards what people think about body hair on both men and women (although it definitely leaned towards the hair on women end of the spectrum) so I'm curious about peoples point of view. Do you think hair on legs is ok, beautiful or ugly? Armpits? Chests? Backs? Long beards vs. trimmed beards vs. no beards?

And here is my two cents.
    I do shave my legs and armpits but I'm not real fussy about it. I LIKE the way my legs look and feel when they are shaved and in the winter it makes wearing tight long johns WAY more comfy. I shave my armpits because it tones down the amount I stink when I sweat and (I'm somewhat ashamed to admit) because it is more socially acceptable. Private areas? Nope. It's just to darn uncomfortable. It isn't worth it at all. Even just to trim it up.

Now I don't think twice when I see a girl with hair. As for guys? I LIKE hair on arms, back and chest hair not as much, legs are whatever, hairy hands are not particularly aesthetically pleasing. And for all of that blond hair is a more pleasing color of body hair than black for me.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I'm a dude, and hairy chicks do nothing for me. They turn me off. I prefer no hair on all areas except the reproductive one where I don't really mind some. Um and on your head and eyebrows/eyelashes... I don't want bald headed chicks.

For me, I like ... yes, like... doing ... yes doing... my own hair. I like when my hair looks good. From an evolutionary point of view, it makes sense to want to look good for other females, even though I'm already with one, I do it for her. She likes it.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I'm a mammal. I grow hair. I'll shave it if I feel like it, but if I choose not to do so, that's my right. Any man who can't handle the idea that women come with body hair had better be willing to wax off all his own hair in exchange if the woman he's with requests it.

For similar reasons, I try to keep quiet when my partner doesn't shave his face for a few days. We're stubborn people. He once commented on my unshaven legs, so I went without shaving for over a year. I made the mistake of commenting on the goatee he'd grown that I hated, and something similar happened. These days, we politely leave the subject alone!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

RezH is offline Senior Member
    I'm a guy, and I would laser remove all hair if I could, except for head and eyebrows. I so badly want to lose the hair on my legs at least, but I still have to wear shorts to the gym. Don't want to lie and say I'm a swimmer.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Was this thread inspired by this article? http://www.neatorama.com/2010/11/30/...ble-for-women/

Katt is offline Senior Member
    I shave legs and pits. I'm not overly obsessive about it, though. For men... eh. I don't like back hair, but I don't have a problem with it anywhere else. I DO like hair, however. Smooth men remind me of children, and I don't want to be with a little boy. Some men look great with long hair, and I don't have an issue with this, either.
    Last edited by Katt; 12-01-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

melodious is offline Senior Member
    For myself, I find shaved pits is just far more comfy. I shave my legs...sometimes. I don't worry too much about it, actually. They're more likely to be smooth in summer.
    I'm not going Brazilian.
    On other women, I don't care if they shave their legs. I actually think "you go, girl" if they don't. Hair in cleavage is a little strange, though...
    On a man, I have no fixed opinion. Hairy, smooth, sweater-chested, we're all mammals. Beard, mutton chops whatever. But I hate long hair on a guy's head. I don't know why. A mullet might make me leave the restaurant on a blind date.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    For me, I'll shave pits and legs. Arms can stay as-is, maybe bleach every so often; I don't want stubble there. Elsewhere welllll, I think a little gardening is nice but torturous methods/schedules should not be required!

For men, if they're naturally fuzzy dudes I don't mind chest hair or even back fuzz at all. That's just the way they are, I don't think they should have to shave/wax/whatnot.

And there are guys who just DON'T have chest hair (or not much) and I'm fine with that too. In another thread I saw women acting like that's a bad thing... but it's not like it's their fault, any more than going bald later, eh? Seemed kinda mean to me. (unless they actually did get deliberately de-fuzzed, as noted.)
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Humans are a pedomorphic species; we retain juvenile characteristics into adulthood. We've applied the same pressures on the animals we've domesticated; if a woman has a layer of fur on her legs, arms, back, chest, etc. no-one here(well, unless we have any furries) would find her particularly attractive.

I can handle if a woman only shaves every couple of days; I think most do, anyways. However, I prefer a woman to be smooth beyond her scalp. On my part, I inhereted particularly hairy characteristics from both sides of my family. I've been called a caveman, wolfman, wolfman's brother... So, I try to keep myself trimmed up. Wax my back/shoulders, trimmed pubes, shaved sack/taint.

Owly, I'm not sure hairy legs and a beard is the same level; it's seem more appropriate to compare hairy legs or pits on a woman to a grossly hairy back. Not the most attractive prospect.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that's not obnoxious or anything.

If I shave or don't shave, it's my business. Why is it a requirement for women and not for men, then, if hairy legs and pits are so disgusting? Hair is a normal part of an adult human body. Many women in other parts of the world don't shave--it's not a universal human trait or anything. Even on men, look at the fashion 30 years ago for men to have hairy chests. Now we find that unattractive, but it used to be considered hot not all that long ago. Our desire for hairlessness is more about socialization than anything. Body hair is an indicator of sexual maturity, and in some cultures, ample public hair is sexually desireable because it's a sign a woman is fertile.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast