Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for a food processor... page

geologger is offline Junior Member

Recommendations for a food processor...

Primal Fuel
    As a new PBer, I see a food processor in my near future. Since I don't keep up with such things, is there a particular brand/model that is generally preferred? Is there much difference in the various models?

I don't mind spending the extra money for quality but also don't want to waste it if it's not necessary. What I don't need is extras like blender attachments, etc. I just want a quality food processor that will get the job done for the long haul.

Any opinions??

Thanks!

scubasam is offline Senior Member
    I have the kitchenaid food processor and it is amazing. Every kitchenaid appliance I have ever bought has been top quality. This is the one I have. If you are single or do not have a big family, you can easily get away with a smaller processor (6 cup - I wouldn't go smaller than that).

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CDMQ8gIwAg#

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    My husband & I have the 7-cup Cuisinart. It's kind of huge. It's never given us any trouble.

Good luck, I hope this helps!

geologger is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the info. I figured I couldn't go wrong with a Cuisinart but I figured there were others.

My other question is the size - how big is too big? I really don't need a larger one, there are four of us but my kids are just two. Are the larger ones less efficient with smaller quantities of food? The local Costco has the 14 cup Cuisinart for $149, but if it doesn't work well with smaller quantities it's not a good deal...

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    This will probably go down to $99 after Xmas, it did last year anyway at Bloomingdales: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...D1%26spc%3D154

The last one you'll ever buy, built like a brick outhouse. Cheaper/lighter and the motor will eventually burn out.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Oh, dear God. PLEASE do not pay $149!

Here is the one I have, which I LOVE. Note how highly it is rated. $42.99
    http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...4/product.html

I agree with whomever said don't go below a 6-cupper. (This one is a 10.)
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    I have a Hamilton Beach 7 cup processor. It processes food and cost me like 40 bucks from target... thats about it. haha

erikJ is offline Senior Member
    I had two of those crappy ones from target, Bowl cracked on one, and the motor started to smoke on the other. Finally got a cuisinart three years ago and have never had a complaint. those things kick ass. You get what you pay for.
    I highly recommend getting the one that has the smaller bowl attachment, Great for making mayonnaise and compound butters.
    That and making enough pesto to freeze and keep for the whole year in one go, Worth every penny.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    My mom has a Kitchenaid one - it purees beautifully but is a little on the small side. I have a Braun one which is big but it doesn't puree as smoothly or slice as nicely.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I never use my food processor anymore. I bought a refurbished Vitamix blender and absolutely adore it - use it almost daily.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast