Thread: Sorta-Quasi-Semi IF? page

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Primal Fuel

This AM I had my pot of coffee, fixed The Old Folks their breakfasts, had an ounce of coconut milk. It's 11AM and I'm still cruzin'....no noticable hunger yet.

I'm going to go mow the front yard.

Does this type of thing qualify as surprising the body with alternate routines? My one 15 hour IF wasn't fun. I think I can do this or variations rather easily.

How does a day long or longer fast (I'm talking hypothetically, here!) impact protein consumption? Obviously there isn't any. Does the body start sucking on the LBM????

maba is offline Senior Member

OTB, I've noticed if I have a cup of coffee with milk in the morning, I can go longer w/o eating but I try to avoid it if I can if I'm IFing because technically I'm breaking my fast with the coffee, since it has milk, therefore sugars. But I've had green tea, which is ofcourse 0 calorie, on some IFs.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

When did you eat dinner? I'm torn between whether it could be an IF with the coconut milk or not, but it definitely qualifies as shaking up the routine. TECHNICALLY, I'd say it's not an IF, but any variation of routine is a good thing for sure. I had a cup of black coffee this morning, but haven't eaten breakfast or lunch yet either (it's noon here). I don't know enough about the LBM question to answer it knowledgably, but if your body is accustomed to burning fat for fuel I think it would go after your body fat before your LBM. Someone else should definitely chime in though!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Responses:

1. I drink my coffee black.

2. I had a great primal late dinner at 10PM. Three eggs and real bacon. I usually just have a large salad w/ maybe blue cheese on it after 9PM.

After posting this thread, I had an ounce of cheese and then mowed the yard primally: Body weights and bare feet. After cooling off in the pool, a glass of my coconut milk milk and then at 1PM, 5 oz of turkey breast and a couple ounces of roasted green chiles on top.

Inclusive of vitamin calories, I'm at 311 calories for the day and so far I don't feel hungry. Usually I'm at close to 500 just after breakfast. I ate the turkey mostly to start getting some protein. I figure that with all this working out - LOL - I need it to rebuild muscles. Or make new ones.

I'll go back to something normal tomorrow. Or maybe pack it all in a an early afternoon meal.

my_second Guest

This might come off as a stupid question, but are you supposed to drink during the IF or not? I mean, the "fasting" I am familiar with is the Muslim's fasting, which is no food nor drink...

My take, and I'm no faster, um, one who does fasting, is fluid intake is important. The Muslim fasting rules are religious, so they are necessarily nutrition based. And many people are exempted due to illness, pregnancy, etc.