Thread: intermittment fasting

intermittment fasting

Shop Now
    lol i have yet another question for the primals..i'm also interrested in IF..how can u combine IF with the primal lifestyle??? it seems like a dumb question but i'm asking it anyway.

is there anybody out there who does this to acheve greater benefits??

All you have to do is skip a meal or two.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

It has worked very well for me. I eat one meal a day or sometimes I "graze" half the day eating what would amount to one meal. I have dropped weight like crazy with no energy lost. I do my hour or so of walking a day. When I do eat, it is meat, veggies, occasionally almonds, boiled eggs, pretty much all primal.

So in short, IF and when you do eat, keep it basic and primal.

And it was not a dumb question
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

*looks around for Daemonized*

Yes. Very common here.

this is exactly my plan that is in effect for around 10 days or so. no energy problems, actually no negative effects whatsoever, only benefits. as for the weight loss, i believe it's about 3-4 pounds right now, but i drink a lot of water so i can't be sure.

anyway, IF seems to be extremely beneficial and easy to do.

I have been doing it almost every day for the past year with no issues. I go 16 hours fasting and 8 hours eating with a 24 hour fast thrown in about every other week most times on accident. I have continued to lose inches while maintaining my weight. If I was a little more disciplined in my diet I would be able to shed more pounds but as it is I haven't been this size or weight since I was 15.

I ate voraciously when I started Primal - a big skillet of food in teh morning, bunch of protein at lunch, and a big dinner. The last week or so I've just not been hungry. Very easy to skip breakfast and then just eat a little for lunch. I guess I'm just adjusting to it. Like someone said elsewhere: learning the difference between mouth hungry and stomach hungry.

I am a very big fan of the leangains approach to daily IF. I would recommend checking out leangains.com and theleansaloon.com.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    I am a very big fan of the leangains approach to daily IF. I would recommend checking out leangains.com and theleansaloon.com.
    exactly the two blogs that convinced me!

i've also read "Eat Stop Eat", which i definitely recommend, but you can find almost everything on those two excellent blogs!