Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What changes have you made to make PB "yours"? page

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member

What changes have you made to make PB "yours"?

Shop Now
    Lots of people have made small and large changes to PB to fit into their WOE. For me, I'm allowing peanuts here and there. I enjoy almond butter, but I still loooove no salt/sugar added peanutbutter. I know the risks/drawbacks, and I'm ok with the occasional indulgence.

What about you? What changes have you made?

P.S.
    I'm hoping for this to flame-free;I don't want this to turn into "WHAT!? You eat 5 bananas a day? You're killing yourself slowly..." etc

lcme is offline Senior Member
    bread, doughnuts and slurpees.

haha, jk

I allow for dairy that is not from grass-fed cows, as I LOVE dairy and have no access to grass-fed. That being said, I don't really split things into 80/20. I just say "whatever, I allow that," and eat what I want, even if it's not fully primal. haha

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    you know, i don't really know. i haven't sat down and really, deeply, madly, and truly absorbed PB. i have the general idea. And, i follow the 'general idea' of the paleo-primal diet.

i have dark chocolate. i'll have high quality ice cream on occasion. we're still eating green beans on a regular basis. i use cheese as a garnish.

i'm not all that concerned about it.

drbrik is offline Member
    Dark chocolate is my weakness too

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    you know, i don't really know. i haven't sat down and really, deeply, madly, and truly absorbed PB. i have the general idea. And, i follow the 'general idea' of the paleo-primal diet.

i have dark chocolate. i'll have high quality ice cream on occasion. we're still eating green beans on a regular basis. i use cheese as a garnish.

i'm not all that concerned about it.
    This is my attitude. I don't get all bent out of shape over some green beans, or really good quality ice cream once in a while. Life is TOO short.

My favorite "tweak" is also peanut butter. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

melodious is offline Senior Member
    Actually, I'm with most of these others.
    I don't view cheese as part of my 20%. I just eat it. For me, it's Primal.
    When I'm at my favorite Mexican restaurant, I eat the chips. I feel no guilt. Yum! They're corn chips, I'm pretty sure they're gluten free...
    I also indulge in 88% or higher chocolate.

kcult is offline Senior Member
    I think quite a few may agree with zoebird. I do.

I started with PaNu 3 months prior to PB. I would say I'm here only because of the active forum. I seem to get more involved with something if I can share and learn from others be it guns, motorcycles, hunting or eating.

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Same here; I still eat cheese and drink milk, but I don't see the problem. I replaced bread w/ lettuce, eat fruit, and push more vegetables as sides. Once I started the transition, I figured out the hardest part is stocking up on the healthier alternatives.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    oh, and i eat fruit. like, three or more pieces a day if i feel like it.

but no white potatoes.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Minimal Dairy and nuts. More fish and not as much meat as others here probably.

And I eat very small portions of white rice, white potatoes, and sometimes (rarely) corn.

I also eat green beans, peas, sugar snap peas, etc...I don't really think these are unprimal anyway.

Oh, and I indulge in dates w/ peanut butter inside and coconut sprinkled on them (like 2 at a time). totally not primal but I LOVE them and I never feel bad about it

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast