Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toast & Butter... page

kalex is offline Junior Member

Toast & Butter...

Shop Now
    I have been 'mostly' primal for over a year and have all the usual accolades of lost weight, lost migraines, found energy etc but my husband has not made the same transitiion yet and I wonder when I make him toast and add loads of butter, am I doing him more harm than good? I figure the butter is a good fat for him but does the grain/carbs negate any positive effect? If someone isn't primal, what effect do the good fats have? Is it still a benefit? thanks for any insight (or reassurance) anyone can provide!

ShannonPA-S is offline Senior Member
    I feel for you because I have the same situation.

Yes, the butter is good. But the toast is BAD. If you want to minimize the gluten effects, you have to make long-ferment sourdough.

Here's an interesting article: http://nourishedmagazine.com.au/blog...n-intolerant-2

The author talks about the antinutrient content of bran and germ and why she doesn't use "whole grain" also.
    Last edited by ShannonPA-S; 11-30-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Simply speaking:
    High Fat/High Carb BAD
    High Fat/Low Carb GOOD
    Low Fat/High Carb OK

K.ROB is offline Senior Member
    Simply speaking:
    High Fat/High Carb BAD
    High Fat/Low Carb GOOD
    Low Fat/High Carb BAD

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K.ROB View Post
    Low Fat/High Carb BAD
    There are some studies of equatorial folks who eat a high carb/low fat diet and thrive, so I would not classify this as BAD--at least not without more data.

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    It's undoubtably better than high-carb/high-fat, but may still present problems. I think you're right, Dragonfly; it's ok, but it's far from optimal.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    My mother always said that she wasn't a short order cook. Or as someone quoted Steven Wright here, my mom only made 2 things: "take it or leave it."

Are you actually cooking two sets of food, one primal and one non? This guy can't toast and butter his own bread?

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    My mother always said that she wasn't a short order cook. Or as someone quoted Steven Wright here, my mom only made 2 things: "take it or leave it."

Are you actually cooking two sets of food, one primal and one non? This guy can't toast and butter his own bread?
    I totally agree!

lcme is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post

lol

Camelia is offline Junior Member
    I used to eat a high carb low fat diet. I got into the WAPF style diet before I found out about primal and added a lot of fat to my diet (mostly butter) without cutting carbs a whole lot (I cut back on sweets somewhat). When I started eating more fat I found it a lot easier to keep from gaining weight and solved my blood sugar problems. Just my experience, but for me adding fat was a good thing.
    Last edited by Camelia; 11-30-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast