Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to eat if you have cancer: healing foods that boost your immune system page

Misabi is offline Senior Member

What to eat if you have cancer: healing foods that boost your immune system

Primal Fuel
    I'm interested in hearing feedback from anyone who's read this book?
    Authors: Maureen Keane and Daniella Chace ; foreword by John A. Lung.

Thanks in advance

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    I was hoping some members of MDA had read this so as to get their opinions.

I've found some very positive reviews, although they do mention that the diet plans do limit meat and encourage soy proteins and legumes, as well as lots of phytochemical containing veggies, fruit, fish and lots of protein in general (presumably from the fish & soy, if we're restricting meat).

http://www.natural-holistic-health.c...immune-system/
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...owViewpoints=1

I guess what I'm asking is that does anyone (who's knowledgeable on the subject) feel that PB would be just as good, if not better for people going through cancer treatment than what's recommended in this book?

Cheers

tarek is offline Senior Member
    I think a properly-planned raw foods diet, along with sunshine and exercise, would be excellent for treating cancer. PB and other paleo diets, in my opinion, would be good for "rebuilding" the patient after the cancer has been treated.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Check out Kelley Eidem's free information on how to heal cancer very quickly. The guy is an angel. He gave me the free advice which enabled me to heal my kidney disease easily. I have also heard of people curing themselves of cancer through fasting, one guy even defecating a tumour out after a few weeks of green juice fasting.

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    I would also encourage you to check out Bee Wilder's "Healing Naturally" site. http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/index.php She believes that candida (a yeast overgrowth) ultimately causes cancer. Hence, following a Paleo way of eating will help cure the body of candida and stop the progress to cancer. She advocates consuming NO: grains, sugar, fruits, starches - while the body is healing; like wearing a cast on a broken bone.

Karen

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by it1958 View Post
    I would also encourage you to check out Bee Wilder's "Healing Naturally" site. http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/index.php She believes that candida (a yeast overgrowth) ultimately causes cancer. Hence, following a Paleo way of eating will help cure the body of candida and stop the progress to cancer. She advocates consuming NO: grains, sugar, fruits, starches - while the body is healing; like wearing a cast on a broken bone.

Karen
    This seriously interests me as I got rid of Candidiasis by using PB.

billman89 is offline Member
    Bee Wilder is a bit of a nut. She claims Candida is responsible for everything and her diet is the only way to heal it and you have to stay on it for years.

Im sorry but while she may have many success stories, I have heard many many unsuccessful stories. Her diet is basically VLC, which is not good for the immune system in the long run.

Honestly I have heard of alot of people getting rid of cancer with a raw food diet, including raw meat raw fish and raw milk. Try it if you like.

Try The Perfect Health Diet. Much better, more researched and less nutty.

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    I swear, as absolutely freaking amazing it was to learn of the high fat, low carb way of eating, Bee's program is absolutely amazing. I'd been DXd with Rosacea about 5 yrs ago and was using a topical antiB for 2.5 yrs before i smacked myself up side the head and asked myself why i was doing such a stupid thing (and it was only holding the R at bay). Went to a Derm. who put me on a strong oral antiB. After 9 months, I learn that FOODS can affect Rosacea; hit the internet, got off the antiBs and found Bee's pgm. In about three months, my rosacea was virtually cleared up; it comes right back, however, when i re-introduce those wicked grains!!! but i also have had many other incredible healings that i had no idea had to do with candida; thought the ailments were just from "old age"! Here's just a sample: i used to wear sunglasses anytime i went outside; i wore them three times this past year. Just didnt need them. Use readers. No longer need them to read the care labels in clothing for laundering. Was DXd with overactive bladder and surgery was the suggested "cure"; this has healed; no longer a problem. My teeth are whitening!!! And they feel slippery clean!!! I had two teeth break about a year ago and a filling fall out. I honestly believe that the dentin or whatever is rebuilding itself because of the powerful change in my diet and these teeth do not bother me. ok. enough. i'll back down off my evangelical soap box! Karen

Rosacea is another gut flora issue.

Fix the gut flora, the rosacea will go away for real, even if you were to slip and have a grain occasionaly (though that is not in anyway encouraged).

Look into the H. Pylori, rosacea connection. Art Ayers has great advice about this at Cooling Inflammation.

My main irk with Bee is she is very much her way or the highway. I got rid of my acne, "candida" issues and immune issues with a Primal Diet that includes raw milk and sweet potatoes, as well as other starches like Yucca. Still low carb, around 100-125 grams a day. Diverse veggies, and of course good old meats, as well as probiotics.

Bee thinks people can only rid their health woes her way, and she thinks that the body will replant itself with all the necessary bacteria on it's on after a while on her diet. This is way off, as the appendix's starter culture can be damaged by antibiotics and you will need alot of help, with dirty fresh garden veggies, probiotics, raw fermented foods and perhaps raw milk/raw milk kefir to restore gut flora.

I would also advice you stop putting anything on your skin and go easy on the hygiene to reestablish proper skin flora as well.

Off topic - just another perspective.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I;d also like to add like once you fix Vitamin D, alot of immune issues go away as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast