Thread: "The Great Cholesterol Con" and Primal shopping page

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I'm ordering some stuff off Amazon today and one of them is this book. But I see there are 2 versions, one by Malcolm Kendrick and another by Anthony Calpo. Any recommendation on which of the versions to buy? I did read about the one by MK on Dr.Eades blog. While I'm ordering, any other Primal stuff I can buy online? I'm getting coconut oil, shea butter and a bunch of books. Also, do you recoomend any particular brand of fish oil?

ohiolopez is offline Junior Member

Anthony Calpo has a web site, I also think if you do search on eades blog, you will see a running feud these two have.

Good luck

Mick Guest

[quote]

... do you recoomend any particular brand of fish oil?</blockquote>

There&#39;s a brand called Blue Ice which does a naturally fermented cod liver oil. Most cod liver oil is extracted with modern industrial techniques - which, as always, are quicker and easier but more destructive of nutrients.

Apparently, it gives a little kick to the back of the throat (something that&#39;s noticeable with unfiltered olive oil, too). But they do do versions with a little fruit oil added for those who don&#39;t care for the taste.

I haven&#39;t tried it myself, because I already have a bottle of cod liver oil in the fridge, but it sounds like it&#39;s the gold standard.

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

Mark sells supplements too. Why not pay him back for the great service he provides on this site?

I&#39;m reading Good Calories Bad Calories by Gary Taubes right now. I highly recommend it. Other books I&#39;ve read are The Omnivore&#39;s Dilemma and In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan.

I haven&#39;t read any of the Eades&#39;s books but they are on my short list.

@Ohioplez: I haven&#39;t placed my order yet. But I selected Anthony Calpo&#39;s version based on the reviews.

@Mick: CLO is different from fish oil right? I got a bottle of CLO capsules thinking it was the same as fish oil. My understanding is CLO is taken for Vit A and D while Fish oil for EPA and DHA. Correct me if I&#39;m wrong. I&#39;m still trying to read about supplements and base my decision on what I read. But it would be easier if the more knowledgable folks like you just tell me what is what Btw, I selected Carlson&#39;s based on the reviews, will look for Blue Ice.

@DaveFish: I&#39;m currently reading GCBC, been reading it for more than 2 months!!. I&#39;ve read In Defense of Food and part of The Omnivore&#39;s Dilemma, both borrowed from the library. I&#39;ve also ordered Fat Head.

@Ohio: I read Anthony Colpo's tirade against Dr.Eades. WOW! Makes me wonder about the veracity of his paper mentioned in this thread:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Carbs-plus-fat

Bourgogne Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I found cold pressed wild alaskan salmon oil at Costco.