Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IF page 2

ahhgrr is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

No, not 2-a-days, but over a roughly 2-day fast, there will be 2 workouts (one each day).

As to what I do, I'm following an affiliate crossfit routine, yes (crossfit603.com). Which means the last month+ has been all deadlifts and presses. Whee!

JamieBelle is offline Member

OK, well you guys are motivating me. I managed to go from my 6:30am breakfast to 5pm dinner but I was HUNGRY. Or at least what I think hunger is. I will try to do a 24-hour fast next week and see how that works. I'm mainly concerned about depleting my muscle mass since I've really been trying to eat 80 grams of protein a day, but....we'll see.

one_eye_mike Guest

Wish I could fast. I get sick to my stomach and headaches if I try to skip a meal.

MightyMite is offline Member

I finish eating by 6 PM or so the night before an IF day. Throughout the morning I have several cups of unsweetened tea plus a smallish carrot and celery stick with each cup of tea (modified Warrior Diet and trying to prevent tea stains on my teeth). That's all I have until noon or 3 PM; so I get an 18-21 hour fasting period.

My strength training (heavy weights, low reps) is done fasted in the morning, followed by 3-5 intervals on an exercise bike. When I get home I sometimes jump on the road bike or mountain bike and do an extra hour of easy pedaling to enjoy the outdoors. Might have a small bowl of goat yogurt with berries at noon.

Pre-Primal I used to have to eat every 3 hours or I'd get shaky. My first attempt at IF was a complete bust. I think I rebelled mentally at the thought of not eating anything until noon, while dealing with all the normal stress at work. I ate my entire lunch by 8 AM (I get in to work at 5 AM but I only come in 3 days a week).

Dollface is offline Member

I'm doing one or two 24 hour fasts a week at the moment.

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

most of the time i fast 17-28 hours every workday from late lunch around 16.30-17.00 to breakfast after a workout around 10.00-11.00. and the bf n lunch are the only meals i eat. and i rearly feel very hungry. just a little bit before lunch...

sometimes i through in a longer fast (22h usually) maybe 1x week.

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Travis G Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

one eye, you should try to push a meal back instead of trying to jump right into a fast. Maybe do lunch a couple of hours later one day than normal. Keep that up for a few weeks and see how that treats you...ahhgrr, those workouts look pretty stupid. I'm going to have to try one this week. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12