Thread: study says we're overdoing D . . . ? page

beenbean is offline Member

study says we're overdoing D . . . ?

Primal Fuel
    http://nyti.ms/hTsjzI

Seems to be the usual overabundance of caution in favor of CW. But I'd love to hear some smart, close analysis from our local experts.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Every time I see a story like this I think of big pharma and how they would just love to have vitamin and mineral supplements regulated and prescribed. One step at a time is how you lose the ability to live your life as you see fit...freedom.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

slacker is offline Senior Member
    Oh, dang. Heartbreaking. So much excess illness, and early debility and mortality will come from this. Just heartbreaking.

Uncledave is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochy View Post
    Every time I see a story like this I think of big pharma and how they would just love to have vitamin and mineral supplements regulated and prescribed. One step at a time is how you lose the ability to live your life as you see fit...freedom.
    +1 I think we have to research and have healthy skepticism regarding vitamin, mineral and herbal supplementation, but I firmly believe that they can be of great benefit. I also believe that many conditions can be treated/avoided with less money and side effects via supplements than by drugs and there are many with a financial incentive to make sure that this doesn't become common knowledge. I put more faith in someone like Dr. Davis who is reporting real world results of diet/supplementation and is not selling those supplements than drug companies or proxies for those companies telling me how safe/effective those drugs are.
    Start weight 403 09/29/2010
    Current weight 335
    On my way to becoming half the man I used to be...

emmie is online now Senior Member
    Courtesy of the same people who recommend statins?

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member