Thread: Kane Augustus page

Kane Augustus is offline Senior Member

Kane Augustus

Primal Fuel
    Hello, Everyone.

I am a 36 year-old father of 5, and married to an incredible woman named Imogen. We live in the extreme North of Canada, in Yukon Territory. We're not far from where the Klondike Gold Rush got underway in 1897.

Anyway, I have spent my life being fairly sedintary, being more inclined to hefting books and pens than logs and dumbells. That said, I'm not an athlete, but my parents' genes conspired to give me a good constitution and an athletic body-type. So, shouldering my chagrin at the irony, I have finally reached a point in my life when I have started to develop a growing interest in fitness. Rather than simply reading about it, however, my interest has actually extended to using my body to effect the fitness I'd like.

To begin with, I have gorged myself on the phenomenon that is P90X. Thank you to my über-intelligent wife, however, I have not endulged in the dietary advice of said program, and I'm the better for it, I believe. In fact, my wife, having had a strong interest in health and nutrition for most of her life, first led me toward the paleo-diet approximately 4 years ago, when she first started taking it seriously.

Then, 2 years ago, we were in the throes of beginning our paleo-diet, and succeeded for a number of months at it. (Though, for my part, I was still not keeping up with the fitness end of things.) Still, as so many things go, our diet slipped away from the paleo and into a mixed bowl of paleo and modern (read: grain) edibles. We have hovered between those timelines ever since.

Today though (Nov. 29th), my wife came across Mark's Daily Apple, and I was inspired to pick up where we left off: in the paleolithic period, just 2 years ago.

Having said as much, I know I will learn a lot from the folks who participate here, and I hope to contribute something of repute every now and then, too.

Warmly,
    Kane Augustus

p.s. I know that by saying "paleo-diet" I'm being a little inaccurate, since we're not in the paleolithic period. So, from now on, I will refer to the way we're attempting to eat the way Mark Sisson has described it, the "Primal" diet.
    Last edited by Kane Augustus; 11-29-2010 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Too many carbs, not enough bacon.

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    Mate welcome from Sydney Australia
    I hope yr journey takes you where you want to go
    use the forums they are an excellent source of information
    good luck to you

Kane Augustus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwineil View Post
    Mate welcome from Sydney Australia
    I hope yr journey takes you where you want to go
    use the forums they are an excellent source of information
    good luck to you
    Thanks, KiwiNeil! I'm certain the forums will help; they already have.

Question to you: what took you out of NZ and into Oz? I apologise if I've asked too personal a question.