Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running Barefoot- Technique and Advice page 2

gingergenocide is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You know, I thought I had my barefoot running down, until I recently attended a MovNat workshop with Erwan De Corre. He had with him a chap called Naeem - www.runningengineer.com. Naeem, a POSE coach, made some very pertinent remarks regarding my running style which I would not have noted amongst any amount of DVD's or books on the topic. Basically I was landing to heavy on the ball of my foot - kind of slapping it down onto the ground using excessive plantar flexion of the ankle. As a result of this revelation(!) I am re-educating myself on barefoot running and will hopefully be doing a workshop with a master trainer in Chi Running in the new year.

I think having personal instruction in running is not a bad idea at all, the idea that we can all run without any training in technique is difficult for me to believe now.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Yes, the first thing people do when they think "forefoot landing" is to force their foot down forefoot first instead of just relaxing. It's a great way to get a stress fracture.

Gordo

RidgebackRunner is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Live near a beach? I built up my barefoot ability doing runs at the beach I live a few hours from. After building up my legs and feet I then started wearing the VFFs and had little issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12