Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why am i worried? page

Dullahan is offline Member

Unhappy Why am i worried?

Primal Fuel
    Why am i worried about starting PB. I mean i dont worry about what i eat at the min nutrionally speaking but since i will be giving up wheat and milk i am getting really worried about, will i be getting enough calcium or carbs,when i know after reading the book i will get pleanty of everything from fruit veg and meat. i spent last hour searching the web looking for different fruit and veg that contain them. sad or what?!!!

Did anyone else get worried before they switched to the PB lifestlye about calories and nutrients.?

Stewart is offline Member
    Maybe get a good test done beforehand to have something to compare to a few months down the line?

For me it was an easy decision. I looked at the foods that I was eating and the ones I wasn't. Before this I rarely included veg in my diet - now I have loads of it each day. That's got to be a good thing, no? Also, I'm more aware (well, trying to be) of what's in the food I'm eating, I'm learning quite a lot about nutrition.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    You are worried because you don't know enough yet to fully trust this concept. Most of us started out worried.

A good paleo/primal diet contains far more micronutrients than the SAD (yes, including meat and milk).

Calcium is about the only micro that tends to come in low on paleo...but you don't NEED as much because your body is less acidic. As for carbs -- you don't actually need ANY for survival, so don't worry about getting enough. Eat a wide variety of vegetables, and a few fruits if you want, plus plenty of high-quality meats and fats, and you'll be fine.

As for dealing with anxiety, continue to educate yourself re paleo/primal. Read the Eades' Protein Power and Protein Power Lifeplan, Robb Wolf's The Paleo Solution, Gary Taubes' Good Calories Bad Calories, etc.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I think it's natural to be weary of such a change, but I just put some "faith" in the PB and as I started switching my diet to be more "primal" I was (and still am, months later) reading a LOT about primal/paleo principles, ideas, facts, research, etc and with every article (and every bite) my trust in this whole thing grew and grew.

Losing weight, having more energy etc, also helped. I almost feel more inquisitive now than I was before, more curious about more things that may or may not be true just because they've been repeated so often. You'll be fine in all micro and macronutrient departments. Eat up.

Izzylu is offline Senior Member
    I still worry that I'm going to get fat doing this! Bacon and butter and fatty steak? Seems to good to be true. I do it because I love to eat this way, it's like I just closed my eyes and jumped! It's still to early to really know but I'll re-assess in January. It's worked for everyone else right?
    Strong is the new Skinny!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzylu View Post
    I still worry that I'm going to get fat doing this! Bacon and butter and fatty steak? Seems to good to be true. I do it because I love to eat this way, it's like I just closed my eyes and jumped! It's still to early to really know but I'll re-assess in January. It's worked for everyone else right?
    It's crazy, but yeah, you lose fat eating like this. I fought it too, but can't argue with inches lost.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    You'll only get fat if you don't decrease carb intake while you increase fat intake.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Dullahan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    You are worried because you don't know enough yet to fully trust this concept. Most of us started out worried.
    I think you hit the nail on the head with that statement. I think i will do what iniQuity did and just start the change whilst i read alot more on the subject. I will re-read and take notes from marks book. I will write what i eat down in a journel for a while seeing if i'm getting enough of everything. Just at the start mind until i stop worrying about it.

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    frankly, i eased into it over a couple of months, then started hardcore on jan 1. i just stopped making pasta, then sandwiches, & made more meat + veggies meals. by the time february rolled around, i was perfectly happy & becoming much healthier. it took me about a year to finally switch over - i discovered MDA in early 2009, but it took a lot of research, soul-searching, reading of the success stories to finally convince me to do it. i'm so happy i did!
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I threw myself into it headlong because -- I don't know, maybe I hated my body or something. It's all good now, though!
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast