So, what I thought for the past week that I was treating as a sinus infection was diagnosed as bronchitis tonight. I know the extra rest is best....I actually can't stand awake which is totally uncharacteristic of me....but what foods do you guys go for when you're sick? I'm that kind of sick where I have absolutely NO appetite for anything, but I am starving (if that makes any sense). Not sure if I should stick to broths or what. I'm craving starches/carbs (the bad ones) so I am trying to nix that right off the bat.
Homemade chicken stock with onions, celery, tarragon, and celery tastes amazing to me when I am sick...I make this for my dad when he is sick and he always eats it right up!....not sure if you have the energy to make that though if you are so ill Maybe there is a store version that would be okay in a pinch?
I also like fresh squeezed orange juice....not exactly primal, but not too terrible. Ginger and cinnamon sticks boiled in water with a little honey is great for the cough.
Also, don't forget vitamin D, C and zinc!!
I'd go with pureed soups. Take whatever meat stock/vegetable soup recipe you want, then blend the hell out of it.
You need to take Vitamin D to boost your immune system. A majority of Americans are deficient and suffer needless health problems,
Originally Posted by lbt
* FLU - Eliminated by Vitamin D
* D Council: Vitamin D Test Kit & Dosage= 1,000 IU per 25 lbs of body weight
D Council: Optimal 25(OH)D Blood level is between50–80 ng/ml
* Mark Explains Vitamin D
D Council: What diseases are associated with vitamin D deficiency?
* Osteoporosis * heart disease,
* hypertension, * autoimmune diseases,
* certain cancers, * depression,
* chronic fatigue, * chronic pain comprises
Additional Diseases/conditions associated with vitamin D Deficiency
* malformed, brittle bones, bone fractures and osteoporosis, stooped posture
* Rickets, Multiple Sclerosis, Type 2 diabetes, Arthritus
* Increased risk of cancers
* bone pain, muscle cramps, tingling, weakness, loss of height.
* Cardiovascular Disease
* high blood pressure (hypertension)
Vitamin Deficiency causes Osteoporosis
Cure/prevent Osteoporosis with simple vitamins, better than drugs!
My favorite Vitamin Shops for D3:
Last edited by Grizz; 11-29-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Yeah, the sucky part is finding something that is clean enough to eat since I don't have much energy to make anything, much less the appetite, but I know I need to eat something.
And Grizz, I am already on D3. Have been for months. Thanks for the advice!