Thread: Daily Fat Intake page

hartzdaniel is offline Junior Member

Daily Fat Intake

Shop Now
    Hi everyone,

I've really enjoyed the website and all the posts so far, so thank you!

I'm just starting out on the paleo diet, today actually marks my one week "anniversary", and a question that I'm curious to know is how much fat should one eat a day? I do want to lose weight. I probably have about 20-22% body fat and am really excited for that to drip off me. But as CW has all told us at some point, bacon will make you fat, and I'm still worried that eating a large bacon, egg, and avocado breakfast will not help me in my quest for fat loss and help me feel better.

I know I shouldn't be counting calories or macro nutrients (and I'm not) but I'm more curious about a daily estimate.

Thanks so much!

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Fat should be 50-60% of your calories, and some Primals do 70-80% (I ften fall into this group). Everyone is different, but the general consensus is 50-60%. Just keep carbs low, and enjoy your fats. Seriously, I just can't do what some here do (count calories, carbs, fats, proteins). I will get extremely frustrated. I eat meals with lots of fats, moderate protein, and low-moderate carbs. Works for me.
    Last edited by Zed; 11-28-2010 at 06:53 PM.

hartzdaniel is offline Junior Member
    I know exactly what you mean with counting and keeping track! really frustrating and then you have start measuring etc...

So, you're saying that if I keep my fat intake to about 50-60% that I will still lose weight even though I may be going pretty high up in calories?

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hartzdaniel View Post

So, you're saying that if I keep my fat intake to about 50-60% that I will still lose weight even though I may be going pretty high up in calories?
    There is no written in stone primal macronutrient ratio. You'll lose weight if your consuming less calories than your body requires, period.
    Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

Acmebike is offline Member
    It can be helpful to weigh/measure and document macros and calories. Just a short period to get some idea of just what percentages and totals you are consuming. Calorie restriction can be a useful tool for weight loss, but I'd rather gain (or simply maintain) muscle/bone mass and lose fat. If scale-weight goes up while body fat goes down, that is a GOOD thing.

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    what is 50-55% of fat like??6 tablesppons of extra virgin olive oil?
    Started Primal November 20, 2011
    Slipped from Christmas-New Years
    January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
    Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html