Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: letter to pre-school page 2

erstad17 is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Great letter. I am another that will save it.

JamieBelle is offline Member

Best of luck with this...I am just starting learning about Primal. My son started kindergarten this year after four years in a high-quality daycare where I complained about nothing but the food, which was cheap and highly processed. For legal reasons parents were not allowed to bring in ANY food from home, but I did not push the envelope either.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Sofia,

What can I say?

You ROCK!!!

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

I was so disgusted by the "hot lunch" served at the school today. (I'm a lunch monitor). Uncrustables packaged peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, Trix yogurt (which was neon-colored swirls of pink and yellow) and packaged Rice Krispy bars.

Mom: "What did you have for lunch at school today, dear?"

Child: "I had SH-SH-SH-SH-SUGAR!!!!!!!" (Shouted while bouncing off the walls.)

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Great stuff!

I actually live in Appleton, WI where we have one of the very few schools that eliminated all pre-made, pre-packaged, processed foods and cooks prepare every single lunch from scratch. Now, even though they do use some whole grains, it is generally much more nutritious option that you average "deep fried" or "out-of-the-box" lunch.

You might've heard about this school in "Supersize Me". They work with kids who have behavioral problems. This school is a hard-core proof that nutritious food does wanders with kids.

grandma is offline Member

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2009/08/27/the-protein-tree/

I found this post interesting.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Helen Guest

Bravo!

sofiawahaj Guest

Thanks for all the comments, guys! The school is allowing me to bring her snack, but you can tell that they don't like it (like "Oh no, here's another ONE!"). But they can deal. I can't bring any kind of nuts at all, so that is kinda tough, esp since I wanted to make her almond-flour muffins or something, but I guess I will try coconut flour.

I had seen the protein tree thing before Sir Grandma and it amazes me! I doubt my kids will ever get to the point where they will say NO to ice cream on their own. How can that be for real? I need to find that family and get some lessons from them. It's been really hard trying to get the kids to not eat sugar - they are so crazy about it.

maba is offline Senior Member

Sofia and all other moms, how do you handle Halloween? Has it always been celebrated this way? I think not. There has to be a way to preserve the tradition without loading the kids with sugar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12