Thread: What I learned over Thanksgiving page

melarmy is offline Junior Member

What I learned over Thanksgiving

Shop Now
    I'm going to guess this is going to be a relatively familiar story for anyone who's spent any time here.....

The week leading up to Thanksgiving was pretty busy. Stuff to get done at work because of the short work week. Prep work for Thanksgiving. Trying to get in one last derby practice. And to add to all that, there wasn't a whole lot of space in the fridge for food since I was brining 35lbs of turkey. I'm sure most of you can guess where this is going. Yep.

It started out as "Damn. I don't have any veggies to cook. I'll just have a little bit of the pasta" during the week. And ended with "Stuffing? Of course I'll have some stuffing. And some mashed potatoes. And a couple of rolls. And hell yeah, I'll have a piece of pie!" by Thanksgiving.

By the time we got home that night, I felt like poo. I felt bloated and nasty. I felt exhausted but I couldn't sleep. It was too hot in the house and I felt restless. This is especially weird for me since I usually have no problem going to sleep and I sleep like the dead.

The next morning wasn't any better. My stomach was a wreck and my whole body hurt. It was like I was coming down with the flu. I was supposed to go to the gym but I couldn't imagine making it through an entire workout feeling like I did (especially after I saw what it was, those sadistic freaks.) I spent the whole day sitting on my couch, in my pajamas, watching TV.

And then it hit me...... Was this what I used to feel like all the time? Did this used to be "normal?" And if it was, how the hell was I even functional?

In at least one sense, all of this was good for me. Reading about how different everyone feels and even feeling the slow improvement myself, isnt' the graphic example I apparently needed of the difference in my body being primal and not that I got this weekend. I can't go back to eating the way I did in the past and still enjoy all the activiies that have become such a huge part of my life. Or even just feel generally good.

Lesson learned. Time to move on.

And I guess there was one other perk..... 35lbs of turkey and 10lbs of ham leave an amazing amount of leftovers even after you feed 17 people.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I think we have about 8 running thanksgiving threads.

MollyCat is offline Member
    Thats my normal cycle with the junk food. Ill binge and feel so terrible after its reason enough not to eat junk food again for a long long time. I never thought Id wake up with food hangovers!!
    If Someone was following in your footsteps, where would you be leading them?